When guys show interest I feel awkward! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Coming from an all-girls school and having zero interaction with boys (strict parents) up until I started uni, I'm finding it difficult to handle attention from my male friends.

I was really nervous about being in a co-ed environment for the 1st time in years, but it's been really easy! The friends part, that is. But when they start acting chivalrous or giving me compliments I don't know how to act and I feel really uncomfortable. :o:

What should I do? Help!
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lap it up, you know you want it
Vel250
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah.. enjoy it... just dont turn into a slut.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Yeah, but I'm not enjoying it I really thought I would, but I'd rather just be friends with them. I've been looking forward to all this for YEARS (being in a catholic girls school) but now I have it, I'm not sure what to do/if I want it.
Adam G Manning
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just don't go crazy with them, graciously accept their compliments and you will be fine.
curlylocks88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah, but I'm not enjoying it I really thought I would, but I'd rather just be friends with them. I've been looking forward to all this for YEARS (being in a catholic girls school) but now I have it, I'm not sure what to do/if I want it.
Giving compliments may just be in a friendly way... may be they just want to say something nice because they are your friends. If they do anything/say anything that makes you uncomfortable you can always ask them to stop.
La Songeuse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Coming from an all-girls school and having zero interaction with boys (strict parents) up until I started uni, I'm finding it difficult to handle attention from my male friends.

I was really nervous about being in a co-ed environment for the 1st time in years, but it's been really easy! The friends part, that is. But when they start acting chivalrous or giving me compliments I don't know how to act and I feel really uncomfortable. :o:

What should I do? Help!
I know EXACTLY how you feel basically don't feel awkward about it! If it's good attention and nice compliments... then enjoy them! Don't take things so seriously and relax a little without going crazy... if they're bad / jokey / possibly offensive comments then just shrug them off...

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (669)
80.7%
Leave (160)
19.3%

Watched Threads