The Student Room Group

Trinity Oxford Interview Chemistry Youtube Video

Hi I remember being sent a link to an unlisted video from Trinity College with an example interview for Chemistry (I think the interview was about water) but can't find the link now - does anyone have it?
Reply 1
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WbANKyVZw

Might be this one. Have you got an interview for Chemistry? I received mine a couple days ago, so excited but nervous!
Original post by hcyune
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WbANKyVZw

Might be this one. Have you got an interview for Chemistry? I received mine a couple days ago, so excited but nervous!

yes that was it, thank you so much! yeah i do!! very exciting but nerve-racking like you say, which college are you applying for ?? x
Reply 3
Original post by apolaroidofus
yes that was it, thank you so much! yeah i do!! very exciting but nerve-racking like you say, which college are you applying for ?? x

Christ Church! Bit of a cliche, I just like the fancy hall hahaha. Which college are you applying? I have two interviews tomorrow, so scared. Crazy how we're applying OXFORD though, would be incredible if we got in. Best of luck for your interview!! x
Original post by hcyune
Christ Church! Bit of a cliche, I just like the fancy hall hahaha. Which college are you applying? I have two interviews tomorrow, so scared. Crazy how we're applying OXFORD though, would be incredible if we got in. Best of luck for your interview!! x

Ooo Christ Church is lovelyy, I've applied to LMH!! Ahh best of luck - what times are they? I have one tomorrow at 11.30 and one on Tuesday at 3. And yeah... I keep thinking about how mental it would be to get in. Fingers crossed for both of us!!! xx
Reply 5
Ooo Christ Church is lovelyy, I've applied to LMH!! Ahh best of luck - what times are they? I have one tomorrow at 11.30 and one on Tuesday at 3. And yeah... I keep thinking about how mental it would be to get in. Fingers crossed for both of us!!! xx

LMH is beautiful! I've got a friend studying there and she loves it. Just had my first interview, think it went okay. I did it totally wrong at the start because I wasn't thinking and rushed right in but I calmed down throughout. Got asked a physical/maths question and an organic one (that one was weaker, we only just started learning it in school so had no idea what was going on). My second one is at half 3 today. How was yours? xx
Original post by hcyune
LMH is beautiful! I've got a friend studying there and she loves it. Just had my first interview, think it went okay. I did it totally wrong at the start because I wasn't thinking and rushed right in but I calmed down throughout. Got asked a physical/maths question and an organic one (that one was weaker, we only just started learning it in school so had no idea what was going on). My second one is at half 3 today. How was yours? xx

your first sounds quite similar to mine!! tbh i can't really gauge how well i did (feel like some things were really good and others were really stupid) and i'm trying not to overthink it, will just see how my second one goes tomorrow! how did your second one go? xx
Reply 7
your first sounds quite similar to mine!! tbh i can't really gauge how well i did (feel like some things were really good and others were really stupid) and i'm trying not to overthink it, will just see how my second one goes tomorrow! how did your second one go? xx

that’s good! yeah i do agree with you, i think it’s quite difficult to tell since idk what they’re looking for. my second interview was pretty terrible tbh, it was all inorganic and i didn’t know a single question! i’m doing the scottish curriculum and it covers very little so i guessed everything lol. my interviewers weren’t very nice this time, i gave a wrong explanation and one went ‘not a single part of that was correct’ like???? don’t think i’ll be getting in after that one, oh well!
Original post by hcyune
that’s good! yeah i do agree with you, i think it’s quite difficult to tell since idk what they’re looking for. my second interview was pretty terrible tbh, it was all inorganic and i didn’t know a single question! i’m doing the scottish curriculum and it covers very little so i guessed everything lol. my interviewers weren’t very nice this time, i gave a wrong explanation and one went ‘not a single part of that was correct’ like???? don’t think i’ll be getting in after that one, oh well!

ahhh i'm sure if that's what the interviewers are just like as people then everyone will have had a similar experience - i spoke to my mentor (a current oxford chem student) and she says that a lot of the time the tutors don't have the bestttt social skills and can be a bit brutal and upfront but it doesn't mean you did badly at all! and if your first one went well that's got to count for something :smile: my second one is in an hour im so so scared!!
Reply 9
ahhh i'm sure if that's what the interviewers are just like as people then everyone will have had a similar experience - i spoke to my mentor (a current oxford chem student) and she says that a lot of the time the tutors don't have the bestttt social skills and can be a bit brutal and upfront but it doesn't mean you did badly at all! and if your first one went well that's got to count for something :smile: my second one is in an hour im so so scared!!

that makes me feel better! i came out of the second feeling so stupid 😭 i’m hoping i’ll be pooled and not straight up rejected. how did your second one go? x

Quick Reply