The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Paramedcine

Hi has anyone applied for the BSc at keele for paramedic science - it would be my first choice of uni but I’ve been told there are over 900 applicants for 25 places - has anyone heard back from them ?
Hi @Mg2005,

It's great to hear that you've applied to Keele!

There is a shortlisting process for the MSci Paramedic Science programme, whereby candidates shortlisted for entry onto the course will be invited for interview. You can find out more at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/paramedicsciencewithintegratedmasters/#entry.

I'm not quite sure how far through the application cycle for 2023 entry the team are yet but I've sent a message to try and get an idea of timescales for you so will update this thread once I have more information :smile:

In the meantime, if you have any other questions about Keele, please do feel free to ask here!

Amy Louise
PhD English Literature & Student Ambassador, Keele University
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Mg2005
Hi has anyone applied for the BSc at keele for paramedic science - it would be my first choice of uni but I’ve been told there are over 900 applicants for 25 places - has anyone heard back from them ?

Hi @Mg2005,

Further to my earlier post, I've been advised that the interview process for the Paramedic Science course is going on at the moment. Successful applicants will be invited to interview and then offers will be sent out if successful at interview.

The process will be ongoing over the next few months so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. Your application will be in hand with the admissions team and you'll get an update in due course!

Amy Louise :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi @Mg2005,

Further to my earlier post, I've been advised that the interview process for the Paramedic Science course is going on at the moment. Successful applicants will be invited to interview and then offers will be sent out if successful at interview.

The process will be ongoing over the next few months so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. Your application will be in hand with the admissions team and you'll get an update in due course!

Amy Louise :smile:

Good afternoon Amy,

I have applied for Bsc Paramedic science at Keele. I'm yet to recive a response. I also haven't had an email saying they have received my application?
Do you know when they stop the interview process?
Thank you,
Ruaraidh
Original post by Ruaraidh05
Good afternoon Amy,

I have applied for Bsc Paramedic science at Keele. I'm yet to recive a response. I also haven't had an email saying they have received my application?
Do you know when they stop the interview process?
Thank you,
Ruaraidh

Hi @Ruaraidh05,

I'm not involved with admissions and applications directly so I'm afraid I don't know the timescale with regards to interviews for the Paramedic Science course. I'll try and find out for you!

You would usually receive updates on your application and on application progress via our applicant portal so have you checked there for confirmation that your application has been received?

Amy Louise
Student Ambassador, Keele University
Hi @Ruaraidh05,

I'm not involved with admissions and applications directly so I'm afraid I don't know the timescale with regards to interviews for the Paramedic Science course. I'll try and find out for you!

You would usually receive updates on your application and on application progress via our applicant portal so have you checked there for confirmation that your application has been received?

Amy Louise

Thank you!
UCAS shows that my application has been sent to Keele but I have had no correspondence from them.
Thank you!
UCAS shows that my application has been sent to Keele but I have had no correspondence from them.

Hi @Ruaraidh05,

There's some information about the admissions timescale on our website at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/. Looking at the guidance, the 'equal consideration deadline' for the majority of our courses is not until 25 January 2023 (with the exception our Medicine and Veterinary Medicine courses, whose deadline was 15 October 2022). It's therefore unlikely that applications will be progressed formally until after that date.

I have asked the admissions team to confirm that this is the case for the Paramedic Science course - and if they can give an indication of when interviews for the course are likely to take place- so I'll let you know once I have their response.

Amy Louise
Hi @Ruaraidh05,

There's some information about the admissions timescale on our website at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/. Looking at the guidance, the 'equal consideration deadline' for the majority of our courses is not until 25 January 2023 (with the exception our Medicine and Veterinary Medicine courses, whose deadline was 15 October 2022). It's therefore unlikely that applications will be progressed formally until after that date.

I have asked the admissions team to confirm that this is the case for the Paramedic Science course - and if they can give an indication of when interviews for the course are likely to take place- so I'll let you know once I have their response.

Amy Louise

Hi @Ruaraidh05,

Further to the above, the admissions team have confirmed there aren't any delays with processing admissions for this particular programme however applications are still under review.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, our admissions team are incredibly busy during this time of year - and processing can take a little longer with selective programmes such as Paramedic Science - but please be assured that the team will be in touch with an invitation to interview at a later date if you are successful with your application.

We appreciate how nerve-wracking waiting on an offer can be and do appreciate your patience. In the meantime, if you've got any questions about life at Keele, please do put them into the forums here where myself - and other students and former students - are on hand to help!

Amy Louise
Hi @Ruaraidh05,

Further to the above, the admissions team have confirmed there aren't any delays with processing admissions for this particular programme however applications are still under review.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, our admissions team are incredibly busy during this time of year - and processing can take a little longer with selective programmes such as Paramedic Science - but please be assured that the team will be in touch with an invitation to interview at a later date if you are successful with your application.

We appreciate how nerve-wracking waiting on an offer can be and do appreciate your patience. In the meantime, if you've got any questions about life at Keele, please do put them into the forums here where myself - and other students and former students - are on hand to help!

Amy Louise

Thank you for your help, I rang Keele today to ask about correspondence and they said they had sent me emails but my colleges firewall had blocked them. Anyway, it's all fixed now and I have an interview!
Thank you for your help, I rang Keele today to ask about correspondence and they said they had sent me emails but my colleges firewall had blocked them. Anyway, it's all fixed now and I have an interview!

Glad you got it sorted and good luck with the interview!

Amy Louise

Quick Reply

Latest