The Student Room Group

Rate my GCSE choices

I'm taking English Language, English Lit, Maths, RE, Spanish, Chemistry, physics, Further maths, History, and Geography.
History and Geography?
Original post by Username9797
I'm taking English Language, English Lit, Maths, RE, Spanish, Chemistry, physics, Further maths, History, and Geography.

FMaths is not a GCSE ... and is not worth taking.
What about biology? Won’t you need it later?
Reply 4
Further maths is a really good head start to A Level maths. RS is a slightly easier subject, so great choice too, and having a language is helpful. I’d recommend a creative subject (art, DT, drama) instead of either history or geography though, because otherwise it may get a bit much.
contrary to what you've been told, your gcse choices have no bearing on your education. 10/10
Aside from Further Maths not actually being a GCSE, they're fine I guess, depending on what you want to take for A Levels.
I think they are good choices but it sounds like a lot. If you are doing 11 subjects you will probably want a mix between easy and hard but make sure they are worth it. So dont do history and geography of Latin because you think it looks good on an application because it will take a toll on your actual results which will be much more effective then which subject you take. RE is very easy as a GCSE so it might not be worth it either because it is not as impressive. It depends on which A Levels you want to take and which job or job sector you want to go in.
Original post by Username9797

Heya!
As others have said, apart from further maths, that looks like a great selection of GCSEs :h: If you need any help with physics and chem then do check out Study Mind for free past papers and revision notes all done by topic (for the future to help with your revision!).

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest