The Student Room Group

Where would you be happy to emigrate to from UK?

Think this topic sits better in chat than travel

If you were to leave the UK, where would you go? If you have come from elsewhere to the UK would you go back? And why?

Scroll to see replies

France, I live life on the internet too much and they have much better data protection and privacy laws.
I'd go back to France as I'm already a French citizen so it wouldn't be as difficult as trying to move somewhere else.

But I wouldn't actually go, because as a home educating parent, moving to a country that has made home education illegal would be rather silly.
(edited 1 year ago)
Canada or Dubai
(edited 1 year ago)
I actually want to do some training/experience outside uk, I want to do some in Kentucky, Dubai or Abu dhabi and Victoria in Australia.
Where I might settle down I’m not sure, I guess I will see where my career takes me 😌
Canada or Australia
Bangladesh
Probably Germany...if I spoke German. Alas...

Once upon a time, Australia, but honestly it's gotten kinda worse since I lived there last so :/
Either: Alderney, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Falkland Islands, Isle of Man, Jersey and Sark.
Original post by londonmyst
Either: Alderney, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Falkland Islands, Isle of Man, Jersey and Sark.

I’m sensing a slight pattern there 😉
Belgium.

Potdervekke, it’s great to a Belgian,
France in summer, Spain in winter and Portugal in spring.
I'm an Italian national and I wouldn't mind returning, but I don't particularly want to.
Original post by Son of the Sea

Where for Autumn? :iiam:
Dubai.

What about Jordan?
Original post by londonmyst
Where for Autumn? :iiam:

I see autumn and winter as practically one and the same haha.
Original post by Amb/conf
What about Jordan?

Not to live, the culture’s too different. I also prefer European landscapes.
Not to live, the culture’s too different. I also prefer European landscapes.

Ah yes, for you definitely. I'm familiar with it's culture but fear it being to under advanced compared to what I'm used to, my Dad is always planning to move back there. And yes, when you grow up in Northern Ireland you're not accustom to tried out desert and dried, dead vegetation.
Back to Portugal

Quick Reply