The Student Room Group

2023 Cambridge MPhil in Development Studies

Is there anybody applying to Cambridge MPhil in Development Studies for 2023 entry and want to share the timeline of application 😊?

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I applied at the end of November, and my application still says "under review by department". Are you the same? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
exactly the same!!!
Reply 3
Really tired of waiting

Original post by mdunfordcastro
Hi! I applied at the end of November, and my application still says "under review by department". Are you the same? :smile:
Hopefully we will hear back soon! But even if we do, going to still be a long wait with funding and scholarships! haha
Original post by QQY333333
Really tired of waiting
Reply 5
What’s your background and who did you apply as the potential supervisor if you don’t mind me to ask? 😊 I applied to the supervisor of professor Jostein Hauge btw

Hopefully we will hear back soon! But even if we do, going to still be a long wait with funding and scholarships! haha
Hey! I am currently a third year undergrad at Cambridge reading Land Economy, I haven’t messaged any potential diss supervisors but mentioned some I was particularly interested in - I am quite interested in the Latin American Development areas
Reply 7
Original post by Marcusdunford
Hey! I am currently a third year undergrad at Cambridge reading Land Economy, I haven’t messaged any potential diss supervisors but mentioned some I was particularly interested in - I am quite interested in the Latin American Development areas

Oh you really have a very strong background! I just finished my first master at LSE but don’t know whether this will be helpful for the application at Cambridge, so I was very worried during the long waiting
Thank you! Yours sounds amazing too! Having done a masters already I am sure you'll breeze by! :smile:

Also! I got moved to PAO for the admissions! :smile:
Original post by QQY333333
Oh you really have a very strong background! I just finished my first master at LSE but don’t know whether this will be helpful for the application at Cambridge, so I was very worried during the long waiting
Reply 9
Thank you! Yours sounds amazing too! Having done a masters already I am sure you'll breeze by! :smile:

What a big congratulation to you!!! You must be one of the first! Mine is still under review by the department, and really hope to see the change of status

Congratulations! When were you moved?
Reply 11
Maybe next year.
I hope the fact we haven't heard yet doesn't mean we are rejected :frown:
I'm so nervous... Now that responses have started coming in
Original post by S.Sande
I'm so nervous... Now that responses have started coming in

Me too...Especially after I saw the backgrounds of the people who got the offers.
Original post by expirydate
Me too...Especially after I saw the backgrounds of the people who got the offers.

Same here
If anyone gets an update please let us know. Thank you !
hi guys i got moved to PAO last thursday. haven't had the offer come through yet so am nervously waiting... best of luck to all still yet to hear :smile:
Original post by anonymous987542x
hi guys i got moved to PAO last thursday. haven't had the offer come through yet so am nervously waiting... best of luck to all still yet to hear :smile:

Congratulations! I hope you'll get an offer. Mine is still under review by the department. When did you apply? and did you move directly to PAO?
Original post by DannyAlphayo
Congratulations! I hope you'll get an offer. Mine is still under review by the department. When did you apply? and did you move directly to PAO?

I applied in early november and it took me until last week to move to PAO

Quick Reply

Latest