The Student Room Group

sr

Ie
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by omgwha
I was predicted all a stars, had a great teacher reference where i was even said to be 'best in the schools cohort' for biology and maths (this is in a grammar school too btw), my teachers said i had a good personal statement and I thought the NSAA went well.

I thought cambridge interview over 70% of applicants, am i really that stupid?

Please don't be too hard on yourself. My son was rejected by Oxford, he too was predicted (and achieved) 4 A*, and when he got the rejected it was one of the few times he had failed at anything, and it is hard to deal with....rejection is hard. I am very much of the opinion everything happens for a reason. I bet you have applied for some other excellent universities...Oxbridge is not everything!. My son ended up at Durham and loves it. There is light at the end of the tunnel :-)
Original post by omgwha
I was predicted all a stars, had a great teacher reference where i was even said to be 'best in the schools cohort' for biology and maths (this is in a grammar school too btw), my teachers said i had a good personal statement and I thought the NSAA went well.

ask for feedback if you can as that sounds quite unusual
did u apply to trinity? did you somehow forget some part of the application like sending in work?
don't worry about it, you're definitely not stupid, it's just that Cambridge admissions is so so tough; there will my hundreds of other people with similar abilities who get rejected, and it is in no way a comment on your intelligence. I'm sure many other universities will love to take you, by the looks of it you seem like a really high level student. It may not seem like it now, but the rejection may be a blessing in disguise; if you weren't a good fit for Cambridge then i think you'll be happier elsewhere. don't worry about it, and try not to doubt yourself (as cheesy as that sounds)!!
Original post by omgwha

Try not to take it personally. :smile:

Often a uni rejection is not connected with your grades, future academic capabilities or unfavourable impressions based on interview performance.
It can be based upon incompatibility with the course, teaching style or a belief that you would be better off coming to the uni to study at postgrad level not undergrad.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest