The Student Room Group

Stressed mum!

My daughter is still waiting to hear from Wadham for Oriental studies. Interviews are due to start on 6th December. I am really getting fed up now - can someone tell me how it can be that others heard a week ago from other colleges and she is still waiting?! There weren’t even exam scores to collate! By the time she hears, it will be six days until the interview (if she’s lucky enough to get one). It seems so unfair that others have a week longer to prepare. She is reluctant to really commit to her prep as she fears a rejection and her anxiety is through the roof..: it doesn’t seem right!
Agreed, it's unfair that some people have much more notice for their interview than others. Even so, your daughter should definitely prepare for an interview, especially if she is applying to other schools that use interviews. It might feel pointless if your daughter doesn't get an interview, but it's absolutely worth it if she does get an interview.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KLBinSE
My daughter is still waiting to hear from Wadham for Oriental studies. Interviews are due to start on 6th December. I am really getting fed up now - can someone tell me how it can be that others heard a week ago from other colleges and she is still waiting?! There weren’t even exam scores to collate! By the time she hears, it will be six days until the interview (if she’s lucky enough to get one). It seems so unfair that others have a week longer to prepare. She is reluctant to really commit to her prep as she fears a rejection and her anxiety is through the roof..: it doesn’t seem right

Hi Mum,Wadham always late.Been there for Biology!Actually glad I was not on tsr at the time so was not as aware how late
!She should definitely be preparing now as talking your thoughts aloud is not natural to most You watch some mock interviews on youtube and then go through them with her stopping at each question and let her respond.You can ask open ended questions to her answers.
Please join us on Oxford Parents Association thread as we have lots of parents to offer support to stressed mums.Fingers crossed you hear soon.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
Hi Mum,Wadham always late.Been there for Biology!Actually glad I was not on tsr at the time so was not as aware how late
!She should definitely be preparing now as talking your thoughts aloud is not natural to most You watch some mock interviews on youtube and then go through them with her stopping at each question and let her respond.You can ask open ended questions to her answers.
Please join us on Oxford Parents Association thread as we have lots of parents to offer support to stressed mums.Fingers crossed you hear soon.

Thank you so much! As a newbie to TSR I was actually trying to write a new post on the parent group but it made a whole separate post of my own! I am not the best with this sort of thing and can only seem to post if I reply to someone else’s post! How do I post my own question in the Oxford Parents’ forum?! It is so supportive and I was aiming to have my little rant in there and not in public 🤣
Reply 4
Original post by penguingirl18
Agreed, it's unfair that some people have much more notice for their interview than others. Even so, your daughter should definitely prepare for an interview, especially if she is applying to other schools that use interviews. It might feel pointless if your daughter doesn't get an interview, but it's absolutely worth it if she does get an interview.

Thanks for the advice. I am really struggling to get her to do anything for it and know I should be getting her to talk aloud about ideas etc but she shuts down with the stress of it all. I am sure it’s because she is afraid of getting a rejection before interview 😥
Original post by KLBinSE
Thank you so much! As a newbie to TSR I was actually trying to write a new post on the parent group but it made a whole separate post of my own! I am not the best with this sort of thing and can only seem to post if I reply to someone else’s post! How do I post my own question in the Oxford Parents’ forum?! It is so supportive and I was aiming to have my little rant in there and not in public 🤣

Morning!Just post a quick reply.So type your post under last post on the thread and then submit reply button.
Reply 6
Original post by Scotney
Morning!Just post a quick reply.So type your post under last post on the thread and then submit reply button.

Ah thank you! Will have a go later 👍
Original post by KLBinSE
Ah thank you! Will have a go later 👍

For what it is worth I stated ranting about Oxford to my poor dentist and his assistant!A real rant in public!
Reply 8
Original post by Scotney
For what it is worth I stated ranting about Oxford to my poor dentist and his assistant!A real rant in public!

🤣 makes me feel better 👍😂

Quick Reply