The Student Room Group

Can I apply for a postgrad loan to pay for a full MSc Psychology conversion course?

Hello,

I have a LLM and would like to change gears and study psychology. However, it makes much more sense to do a MSc (Conversion) in Psychology (1 year) than a whole new BSc (3 years).

The open university informs that degree holders can apply for a student loan if doing a BSc Psychology, but not them (nor any other university) inform if degree holders can apply for a postgrad loan to study Psychology MSc (conversion).

Could you help me with this, please? I am looking into Psychology MSc at the University of Westminster, but would consider any universities where I could secure a postgraduate loan in my circumstances.
Original post by Beev
Hello,

I have a LLM and would like to change gears and study psychology. However, it makes much more sense to do a MSc (Conversion) in Psychology (1 year) than a whole new BSc (3 years).

The open university informs that degree holders can apply for a student loan if doing a BSc Psychology, but not them (nor any other university) inform if degree holders can apply for a postgrad loan to study Psychology MSc (conversion).

Could you help me with this, please? I am looking into Psychology MSc at the University of Westminster, but would consider any universities where I could secure a postgraduate loan in my circumstances.

Hi there,

Please can you confirm if you already hold a Masters level qualification?

If you haven't yet completed your LLM, do you have a postgraduate masters loan in place from SFE?

Thanks,
Tina
@Beev

I got a masters level loan for my MSc Psychology conversion course at Arden University which is another online provider. If you have not claimed a post graduate loan before then you should be legible, if you have, I'm afraid you can't get another for Psychology. One of the rare exceptions, I think, is if your post grad was a PGCE.

Why not check out the Arden program? They have a great review with the QAA (a bit like Ofsted) and also the Teaching Excellence Framework; reports for which are both available online

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending