The Student Room Group

Health and social care level 2 question help please

Question is- “Identify relevant legislations, national policies and local system that relate to safeguarding and the protection of abuse.”

I’m unsure on what to write for my answer. Obviously I can Google what the legislations/ policies are etc but it seems too long to write into my answer explaining them all. Or do I just list all them?
Any help appreciated thanks 😊
Original post by ThompsonL99
Question is- “Identify relevant legislations, national policies and local system that relate to safeguarding and the protection of abuse.”

I’m unsure on what to write for my answer. Obviously I can Google what the legislations/ policies are etc but it seems too long to write into my answer explaining them all. Or do I just list all them?

I would suggest that you perhaps concentrate on the most important parts of the legislation about this matter as there's a massive amount of information attached to it which would take ages to write up about.
Pick out the ones that you think are more important than others and then write about those you chosen about okay.

You should read through the legislation online ( one example to look at is below).

StudyPrism
https://studyprism.co.uk care 4-...
4.1 Identify relevant legislation, national policies and local systems that relate to safeguarding and protection from abuse.

We have similar policies for this in my job as a midwife as we have a duty to report any sort of abuse if we think it's relevant.
Reply 2
There are several relevant legislations, national policies, and local systems that relate to safeguarding and the protection of abuse. Some examples of these include:

The Children Act 1989 (in the UK) is a key piece of legislation that sets out the legal framework for protecting children and promoting their welfare. It defines the roles and responsibilities of local authorities, courts, and other agencies in relation to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.

The Care Act 2014 (in the UK) is another important piece of legislation that provides a framework for protecting adults at risk of abuse or neglect. It sets out the duties of local authorities and other agencies to assess, support, and protect adults who may be at risk of harm.

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union (EU) regulation that applies to the processing of personal data of individuals within the EU. It includes provisions for the protection of personal data in relation to safeguarding and the prevention of abuse.

The National Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures (in the UK) provide guidance for all agencies and organizations on how to prevent, identify, and respond to abuse and neglect of adults at risk.

Local safeguarding adults boards (in the UK) are statutory bodies that bring together local agencies and organizations to coordinate and improve the safeguarding of adults at risk of abuse or neglect. They are responsible for developing and implementing local safeguarding policies and procedures, and for monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of safeguarding measures.
Original post by ThompsonL99

Quick Reply

Latest