The Student Room Group

scared about getting flat chested after losing weight

soooo im 67kg, 5'8 rn and Im on a calorie deficit and I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and I'm aiming to lose like 10-15kg. Im already quite small (size B) and I'm so scared ill be left with paper-thin 🍒 after weight loss ahhh!!! does this happen??
Just losing that much weight, you probably won't be affected really.

I went down about 1 cup size when I lost 4 stone. Then went back up 1 cup size when I gained 5 stone back again.

You're only wanting to lose 2 stone at the most. It probably won't do much to your breast size.
I say this to everyone but just be careful with your motivations for losing weight; maybe try to think about getting stronger or fitter rather than wanting to lose 10-15kg specifically as it can be a toxic mindset.
Losing 15kg would also put you at a properly underweight BMI, and however much that's praised by society etc it's really not healthy and may have other consequences.
And yes, I'd say you likely would get more flat-chested.
Original post by Anonymous
I say this to everyone but just be careful with your motivations for losing weight; maybe try to think about getting stronger or fitter rather than wanting to lose 10-15kg specifically as it can be a toxic mindset.
Losing 15kg would also put you at a properly underweight BMI, and however much that's praised by society etc it's really not healthy and may have other consequences.
And yes, I'd say you likely would get more flat-chested.

My bad for not noticing that actually. I was focusing on the chest reduction question.

OP, yeah, don't lose weight if you're going to fall into the underweight category. Being underweight is unhealthy.
What is your current body fat %?
What is your daily calorie deficit range?
What types of food & drinks do you tend to consume?
What types of exercises are you doing at the gym and at home?

You can't target specific body areas for weight loss through dietary and exercise changes.
Only cosmetic surgery can guarantee to remove visible fat from specific regions of the body.
Original post by Anonymous
soooo im 67kg, 5'8 rn and Im on a calorie deficit and I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and I'm aiming to lose like 10-15kg. Im already quite small (size B) and I'm so scared ill be left with paper-thin 🍒 after weight loss ahhh!!! does this happen??

I was around 72kg, I lost about 14kg now I'm at 58kg by a calorie deficit and going to the gym. I was around a 38B and i've gone down to about a 34B - it just depends where the fat is stored, you probably won't lose much of your size but what i found was the shape changes lol

Also, don't lose weight in an unhealthy way, and don't put pressure on yourself to lose it quickly - i took around 6 months to get to 58kg (5'5 also)
Reply 6
You don't need to lose weight. Why do you want to lose weight, and why that amount?

Quick Reply

Latest