The Student Room Group

I regret my uni application. Can I withdraw it and send another after 14 days?

So basically I messed up. I sent my application around a month and a bit ago and I regret my choices now. I already got one offer and idk if it's too late to do anything now. Can i withdraw it and re-send another application? Can i talk to UCAS and ask them to allow me to change my mind? Im not sure what i should do any help is welcome.

Scroll to see replies

So basically I messed up. I sent my application around a month and a bit ago and I regret my choices now. I already got one offer and idk if it's too late to do anything now. Can i withdraw it and re-send another application? Can i talk to UCAS and ask them to allow me to change my mind? Im not sure what i should do any help is welcome.
So basically I messed up. I sent my application around a month and a bit ago and I regret my choices now. I already got one offer and idk if it's too late to do anything now. Can i withdraw it and re-send another application? Can i talk to UCAS and ask them to allow me to change my mind? Im not sure what i should do any help is welcome..
As far as I know you can only change your options within the 2 week cooling off period. Otherwise you have to wait for clearing (since you have an offer I don't think you can use extra).
Original post by artful_lounger
As far as I know you can only change your options within the 2 week cooling off period. Otherwise you have to wait for clearing (since you have an offer I don't think you can use extra).

but what if the course im applying to is very competitive? does that mean i will have to wait until next year?
Original post by moisesbentata
but what if the course im applying to is very competitive? does that mean i will have to wait until next year?

I think it's highly unlikely you would be able to change after the 14 days. Ig if it was possible, a lot of people would be changing their courses if they e.g. get rejected from their choices haha. Perhaps you could try contacting the unis you applied and see if you can transfer to a different course? If not, it's best to wait for clearing like artful said.

Out of curiosity, what did you apply for and why do you want to change?

What is it you want to change? Different courses at the same unis? Different unis?

See this UCAS page for details of what you can change and when. As it's been more than 14 days your options are more limited. You need to call UCAS. Contact details here.
Original post by Buddy564
I think it's highly unlikely you would be able to change after the 14 days. Ig if it was possible, a lot of people would be changing their courses if they e.g. get rejected from their choices haha. Perhaps you could try contacting the unis you applied and see if you can transfer to a different course? If not, it's best to wait for clearing like artful said.

Out of curiosity, what did you apply for and why do you want to change?

I applied to mechanical engineering at ucl and queen mary, design engineering at imperial, general engineering at kings and biomed engineering at ucl again. I want to change because although i want to do an engineering i think studying a course like mathematics with data science at lse or mathematics with something else would be more interesting and give me a better job prospect. Thing is i dont want to go to a course i dislike or that i might regret choosing in the future. what do u think is my best option now?
Original post by DataVenia
What is it you want to change? Different courses at the same unis? Different unis?

See this UCAS page for details of what you can change and when. As it's been more than 14 days your options are more limited. You need to call UCAS. Contact details here.

Thanks a lot
i want to change both courses and unis. what do u think is my best option rn?
would you be able to create a whole new ucas account and apply again? x
Thanks a lot
i want to change both courses and unis. what do u think is my best option rn?

Your best option is to call UCAS.
Original post by DataVenia
Your best option is to call UCAS.

okay thanks for ur help bro :smile:
Original post by jennnnnaaaa
would you be able to create a whole new ucas account and apply again? x

that is what in unsure about. ive looked online and not much appears
maybe email UCAS to ask about it? could you try speak to your college/sixth form teachers? my school helped with UCAS applications
After 14 days you can’t swap choices, (only courses at the same ones). Your best option is to await your current decisions and then use UCAS Extra.
try it maybe hopefully ucas do not realise you have two applications i feel it’s very plausible

that is what in unsure about. ive looked online and not much appears
Original post by ds79383
maybe email UCAS to ask about it? could you try speak to your college/sixth form teachers? my school helped with UCAS applications

I will call them tomorrow morning but i just wanna see what i can figure it on my own beforehand to see what my options are
Original post by jennnnnaaaa
try it maybe hopefully ucas do not realise you have two applications i feel it’s very plausible

i feel like they probably will but idk
(Please try to avoid posting duplicate threads)

UCAS will match any new application record to your old one, so you can’t use that to get around the limit of 5 choices in the initial application phase. As advised in the other thread, look into UCAS Extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending