English Literature. Watch

abi08
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've got to do an essay for english literature on the structure of a novel i enjoy.
i know what book im gonna do it on, but any ideas on what i can mention because ive only comment on the structures of poems before in GCSE?
taaaa x
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what's the book?
emilyjane_09
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Woah, you didn't do a novel for GCSE? Depends what the question/book is. Give us more information!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well first is it set chronologically/[in themes - can't remember the word right now sorry an example is Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee]
In volumes/continuous?
How was it originally published - Dickens was in segments, hence why there are so many twists and turns and cliffhangers - he needed to keep people reading week after week.
Is it written from a narrative perspective/in 1st person?
That's how I'd start out.
abi08
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thankyou thats real helpful and yeah i did do a novel for GCSE-we did Lord of the Flies, but never got told to do anything on the structure of the book as there were like two set questions we got giving options on, and i think im going to do the essay on Tess of the d'ubervilles tomorrow, we didnt get given the exact question-we have a bit of a rubbish teacher lol she just told us to prepare to write an essay on the structure of a novel we enjoy-sorry for the extra long post (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads