The Student Room Group

A-level Art Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the A-level Art Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - Art and Design (7201, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7205, 7206)

Edexcel - Art and Design (9AD0, 9FA0, 9GC0, 9TE0, 9TD0, 9PY0)

OCR- Art and Design (H600-H606)

WJEC - Art and Design

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Hi, I am Fluffy popcorn, I am currently in Year 13 studying Art and design as well as Textiles A level (separately).
My pronoun are she/her btw.
More about myself
> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)
For A level Textiles, I am under AQA - Art and Design (7201, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7205, 7206)
Whereas for A level Art Design, I am under OCR- Art and Design (H600-H606)
I recently started my externally set task for both Art and Textiles
> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
i genuinely enjoy just experimenting with different medium, usually the typically biro, colouring pencils, acrylic paints, watercolours etc...
I enjoy drawing using biro idk I am quite confident in my ability to not worry to much that i would ruin my work or make a major mistake using biro. (It's a bit of a commitment to use biro cuz the moment you place the biro on the paper, there is no going back
> What areas are you struggling with a little?
The work load, as I gradually progress in Year 13, catching up with deadlines all over the place and just general procrastination (ik im terrible) make me worry a bit about my courses.
I'm not too sure if this is the correct thread to speak about this, but I have a bit of a major struggle with annotation for Textiles AQA. I would much prefer doing textiles art or textiles designs related to my chose theme(s) than having to annotate my work every time I make even a small mark in my sketch book. Whenever i go online and look at other peoples work, they go to extensive details about what they drew/made, elaborately explain their intentions and insights about their work as well as make connection with external sources (that inspired them ofc), but with my work, i just... i just can't do it to be honest.
> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

resources that has helped me personally includes:
Drawing & Painting - The Virtual Instructor on YouTube His tutorials are very helpful for any medium
Pinterest -- it's literally my go-to app /website for inspiration and research, highly recommend
StudentArtguide is one that i was recommended by my teacher, however i find that some of the content on there are quite old, that it is there aren't as recent.

Anyways, that's all about the art course i take. :smile:
Reply 2
Anyone else doing their OCR Art & Design Externally Set task at the moment? I'm a 3d design student and my teacher is not being particularly helpful about exactly what is expected. I've found mark schemes online and examiner's reports for previous years but I still don't really understand exactly what I have to produce.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending