The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What were you doing before and had anyone burst through the door?
[EDIT] 68bpm resting
Reply 2
med1
hey we done a practical yesterday wher we had to measure our heart rate...mine came to 112 beats per min!!! thats too high isnt it?? coz the average is between 70-80....should i be worried?? im kinda confused coz im not all that unfit....no more than my friends anyway .. and theirs wernt all that high...is it harmful to have such high heart rate?? how much is every1 elses?

well theres loadsa reasons why it could have been that high im sure thats not your normal, to get your correct heartrate its best to check when you've just woke up.
You were probably a bit nervous at the time or had moved about a lot
Mine is about 60.
med1
hey we done a practical yesterday wher we had to measure our heart rate...mine came to 112 beats per min!!! thats too high isnt it?? coz the average is between 70-80....should i be worried?? im kinda confused coz im not all that unfit....no more than my friends anyway .. and theirs wernt all that high...is it harmful to have such high heart rate?? how much is every1 elses?

Did u count every double beat as one beat? i.e 1 beat as a thud dud, lol if ya get me at all. :confused:
Reply 5
Mine is around 50-70. (resting)

if you had been exercising, or shocked your heart rate will increase. Also the stress of having it taken can make it increase as well.
Reply 6
maybe i was nervous..i not sure..but i was definatly at rest...sitting on the chair...coz for the next part of the practical we had to measure it after excercise and it was 167bpm then!!! :frown:
Reply 7
med1
maybe i was nervous..i not sure..but i was definatly at rest...sitting on the chair...coz for the next part of the practical we had to measure it after excercise and it was 167bpm then!!! :frown:

thats ok check it first think when you wake up tomorrow i swear it will be a lot lower :smile:
mines over 100 and im resting
Just measured - 60 on the dot. Scary - it followed the second hand on my clock round. :biggrin:

Med1 - re-measure it sometime and see. I expect it was some sort of nerves or tension or something. 112 is too high to be walking around with every day..
Reply 10
mc_watson87
Did u count every double beat as one beat? i.e 1 beat as a thud dud, lol if ya get me at all. :confused:

lol, i get u...it was measured accuratly...i was connected up to the computer and an ECG was recorded..when the result came out as 112bpm..i checked my pulse jus to make sure and guess what ?? it came up to approx 110 :frown:
Reply 11
mines 78 when resting =/
Reply 12
mine was 76, but i'm not suprised it was high because i've had loads of asthma attacks the last few days and my herarts kind of been in overdrive

lou xxx
When im at the gym and i have done a 5km run or a 30km cycle i can get mine up to 190 but thats the most i have ever got it up 2.... nearly passed out !!!
Reply 14
med1

do you smoke?
Reply 15
lou p
mine was 76, but i'm not suprised it was high because i've had loads of asthma attacks the last few days and my herarts kind of been in overdrive

lou xxx

Is it the bronchodilators that do that? (the increased heart rate)
Reply 16
Whenever you take your heart rate it normally speeds up a bit because you are concious and nervous of what you are doing.

Mine is generally around 60 when resting.
Reply 17
technik
do you smoke?

nope.

Latest

Trending

Trending