The Student Room Group

HELP - Tudor History EPQ

I start my EPQ in January but am throwing some ideas around now, I study History A-Level and have a very strong interest in the Tudors.
Which of these questions is the most viable? If none, please suggest more...

Was Anne Boleyn the main reason that Henry VIII left the catholic church?

To what extent was Katheryn Howard/Anne Boleyn a victim?
Original post by star150904
I start my EPQ in January but am throwing some ideas around now, I study History A-Level and have a very strong interest in the Tudors.
Which of these questions is the most viable? If none, please suggest more...

Was Anne Boleyn the main reason that Henry VIII left the catholic church?

To what extent was Katheryn Howard/Anne Boleyn a victim?

My advice for a History EPQ would be to include any of the following terms in your work:
Cause
Consequence
Significance
Continuity
Change
Similarity
Difference

These are the historical second order concepts (lenses through which we analyse history). So Was Anne Boleyn the main cause of Henry's break with Rome? Rather than the main reason. Perhaps: How similar were Henry's wives? It sounds to me as though you're going with a really gender focused angle at this, which is fabulous. With your second question about victim, I would be more specific: a victim of what? They are both victims of the patriarchal assumptions of the time, but they are also both massive winners if you look at status in Tudor England, they have huge wealth and if you assess the poverty in the country they're definitely not victims. Are they victims of the politics in the Tudor court? There are too many different angles to take this inside of one EPQ, I would narrow the question a little.

Hope this has been useful. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest