The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nina
I may come to calm nerves/show you around Cambridge if you don't mind an old-timer gatecrashing.

'Twould be a pleasure if you were to join us! Any idea for a good place for all of us applicants to meet up? (seeing as you obviously know the town a lot better than us!)
In the evening? The problem is that you wouldn't be able to get in most places as they generally ID, which makes it difficult. I'll have a think.
Reply 42
Nina
In the evening? The problem is that you wouldn't be able to get in most places as they generally ID, which makes it difficult. I'll have a think.

What? They ID to enter pubs and stuff?! Damn that's retarded. --- I have a credit card... could that be used as ID? (drinking age and credit age are both 16 here :yep: )

After I've finished my interviews on the 12th, I will *definitely* be requiring a pint or two, what with it being Friday and all.:wink:
Nina

Do most pubs ID on the door during the week, then? Where I live some pubs do on Fridays and Saturdays (which is annoying as I don't drink alcohol AND I'm 18 but I still have to carry my passport around! :o: ), but not at any other times.
Yes they do, at least the ones I go to. They will only accept a driving license or passport, nothing else. On a Friday it will definitely be worse as all the locals will be out. Its possible that we might have to walk to one a bit further out to avoid it. But yeah, nearly everywhere IDs here - my fiance is 23 (looks older than that) and gets ID'd, as does everyone else.
Reply 45
Nina
Yes they do, at least the ones I go to. They will only accept a driving license or passport, nothing else. On a Friday it will definitely be worse as all the locals will be out. Its possible that we might have to walk to one a bit further out to avoid it. But yeah, nearly everywhere IDs here - my fiance is 23 (looks older than that) and gets ID'd, as does everyone else.

... England is messed up :s-smilie:

Nina - are you around the whole period of interviews? what are you studying btw?
Reply 46
I have a driving license, and I'll actually be 18 by then :biggrin: do they not accept photocopies in Cambridge though? Here in London they don't care - I've used a photocopied passport for the past 3 years and no-one's ever questioned it!
Reply 47
Appears that I'm the only one grossly underaged then - I'll just photocopy Swiss passport with a 'shopped date, and bring my credit card (which has a picture on it.)
Reply 48
sadie-kiki
I have a driving license, and I'll actually be 18 by then :biggrin: do they not accept photocopies in Cambridge though? Here in London they don't care - I've used a photocopied passport for the past 3 years and no-one's ever questioned it!

yodude888
Appears that I'm the only one grossly underaged then - I'll just photocopy Swiss passport with a 'shopped date, and bring my credit card (which has a picture on it.)

Brilliant two posts to have after each other I have to say :biggrin:.
yodude888
... England is messed up :s-smilie:

Nina - are you around the whole period of interviews? what are you studying btw?

I'm not sure when they finish, But I'll certainly be around for the large majority of them. Till the 13th at the earliest. I study Philosophy at Pembroke.
Reply 50
Nina
I'm not sure when they finish, But I'll certainly be around for the large majority of them. Till the 13th at the earliest. I study Philosophy at Pembroke.

Fancy a drink on friday night (12th) somewhere?
Reply 51
to the OP: mine has defs changed to 5th and 6th november...still on my own in the list...
Reply 52
nathan00
to the OP: mine has defs changed to 5th and 6th november...still on my own in the list...

I'm assuming you mean December, right? haha
9th December.
CompSci.
Robinson.
I'll probably come out every night that week. I just stayed in my room when I came up for interview and it would be useful for other people to have someone to talk to.
Reply 55
Nina

None of the few pubs I've been to have ID'd at all. Where does?
Spoons, Revs, Anchor, Granta, Prince Regent....I cant think of anywhere else I've been enough to comment!
Reply 57
Spoons and revs, yeah. Pretty sure I've been to the anchor at about 10 without being ID'd though.
I'm meant to be going to the Eagle tomorrow, I'll see if they ID the freshers.
Reply 59
Some places do some of the time - Pickerel, Mitre, County Arms, Isaac Newton and Anchor tend not to in my experience (these are the ones I go to regularly).

Only spoons and revs consistently do (in my experience.)

EDIT/I am a third year, and while I look quite young, most of the pople I'd be out with look well old so maybe I've just grown out of getting regularly IDed

Latest

Trending

Trending