faa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shadowkin)
Oh I'm proud to be an American because at least I know I'm free.... :rolleyes:

Democracy..real? Well I never.
civilised..yes because dropping bombs everywhere really secures the road to peace.
So you're saying that in order to remove Hitler we should not have killed him, but asked him to stop? Sometimes justified violence has to be used. Its not asif we havent asked terrorists to stop- we have, but they have ignored it! I would call USA and UK democratic and civilised!
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by faa)
So you're saying that in order to remove Hitler we should not have killed him, but asked him to stop? Sometimes justified violence has to be used. Its not asif we havent asked terrorists to stop- we have, but they have ignored it! I would call USA and UK democratic and civilised!
I also agree with that, which is why Israel who is oppressing the Palestines, make them believe the only way to get freedom is to fight back.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
which is why Israel who is oppressing the Palestines
How are they oppressing the Palestinians?

make them believe the only way to get freedom is to fight back.
or by electing a democratic representative and establishing a Palestinian state. The former has failed the Palestinian people for decades, the latter is the only realistic opportunity they deserve and demand.
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
'Since the start of the Al Aqsa Intifada in September, Israeli forces have repeatedly committed human rights violations against the Palestinian civilian population using excessive and indiscriminate military force. Israeli forces have employed live ammunition, tanks, helicopter gunships, anti-tank missiles and heavy machine guns, financed by American tax dollars, against Palestinian civilians and residential areas. More than 346 Palestinians, many of them children, have been killed in the recent conflict.'

Its what iv read some where.
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=vienna95]How are they oppressing the Palestinians?QUOTE]

By stealing their land and building a Apartheid Wall well inside Palestinian territory.
Vienna
Rep:
?
'Since the start of the Al Aqsa Intifada in September,
Do you know what that means?

Israeli forces have repeatedly committed human rights violations against the Palestinian civilian population
The Israeli forces dont target the Palestinian civilian populations, any breaches of conduct by Israeli soldiers should be disciplined and deplored, however, considering the situation of continual aggression and threat they face, the IDF conduct themselves in a restrained and orderly fashion.

What human rights violations have the IDF committed?

using excessive and indiscriminate military force. Israeli forces have employed live ammunition, tanks, helicopter gunships, anti-tank missiles and heavy machine guns, financed by American tax dollars, against Palestinian civilians and residential areas.
They have employed them against terrorists, their sponsors and those that pose a security threat to Israel. To say they have indiscriminately used force against Palestinian residential areas is nothing short of absurd.

More than 346 Palestinians, many of them children, have been killed in the recent conflict.
Conflict. Lets make that clear.
Vienna
Rep:
?
How are they oppressing the Palestinians?QUOTE]
By stealing their land
When did these Palestinians own the land?

and building a Apartheid Wall well inside Palestinian territory.
Apartheid?
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
When did these Palestinians own the land?

Apartheid?
http://stopthewall.org/latestnews/839.shtml
Vienna
Rep:
?
http://stopthewall.org/latestnews/839.shtml
How are Israel stealing the land? and how is this apartheid?
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=vienna95]Do you know what that means?QUOTE]

Nope, just showed you a quote of something i had read:

http://www.mafhoum.com/press/Yale27.htm
Vienna
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=john williams]
Do you know what that means?QUOTE]

Nope, just showed you a quote of something i had read:

http://www.mafhoum.com/press/Yale27.htm
Would you say that was a balanced article?
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Listen guys, the fact still remains that the Palestineans are acting EXACTLY like the IRA (who are identified as terrorists). There are ways to go about getting your land back if it is rightlyfully yours and having suicide bombers is not the way.

The reason Israel is treating the palestineans like animals COULD be due to the fact that the palestineans are acting like animals anyway!
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How are Israel stealing the land? and how is this apartheid?
Well arent they stealing arab owned land in East Jerusalem from thousands of Palestinians currently living in the West Bank?
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Would you say that was a balanced article?
Why are you saying they are lying? It maybe is abit biased as its been written by a Palestine supporter.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Well arent they stealing arab owned land in East Jerusalem from thousands of Palestinians currently living in the West Bank?
Israel acquired East Jerusalem from Jordan after the 1967 Six-day war.
Gentilhomme
Report 14 years ago
vienna95
I am utterly desapointed by your weak arguments in justifying the drastic action of isreal in procurring the land and vilifying the intifadda.
One point true, the action of Hamas arent the best way to go by getting back their (palestinian) land.
If as you are saying. why isnt isreal abiding by the division of the land between the jews and the arab made by the UN in 1947. Why is jerusalem the capital of isreal given that the city belong to three different faith and has been declared international land.

As someone said the terrorist of one are the freedom fighters of others
So the best thing for everyone would be to leave this thread as it is because (assuming) no one here has ever lived( not visited) in palestine or isreal therefor i would be wiser for us to not judge neither of the parties
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gentilhomme)
vienna95
I am utterly desapointed by your weak arguments in justifying the drastic action of isreal in procurring the land and vilifying the intifadda.
Can I know which ones?

One point true, the action of Hamas arent the best way to go by getting back their (palestinian) land.
Or rather, establishing a Palestinian state.

If as you are saying. why isnt isreal abiding by the division of the land between the jews and the arab made by the UN in 1947. Why is jerusalem the capital of isreal given that the city belong to three different faith and has been declared international land.
Israel was attacked and, during war, acquired the land from Egypt and Jordan. Since there has been no peace, they hold that land. None of that land was ever owned by any nation distinctly representing the Palestinian people.

As someone said the terrorist of one are the freedom fighters of others
Freedom fighters fight against the oppression of the government for the cause of the people. Terrorists fight the people for their cause against the government.

So the best thing for everyone would be to leave this thread as it is because (assuming) no one here has ever lived( not visited) in palestine or isreal therefor i would be wiser for us to not judge neither of the parties
Yet I see you took the liberty of voting on the poll.
Gentilhomme
Report 14 years ago
Vienna
Have you made this thread so that ONLY your opinion of the palestinian cause and Hamas fight becomes the norm and all others are but nought.
WELL let me tell you one(or two) thing that perhaps you seem to forget
History of previous civilations is full example where Weaker people were subject to harsh treatment from the more powerfull ones, and yet they were the ones with the right cause.
Have you wondered why do arabs hate(dislike) us, indeed not because we are rich, is there another point of view we should looking at instead of the media vilifying every and each action of hamas.
Perhaps or definitely there IS something we are not seeing and your point of view is nothing but the mere reflexion of what the media has ingraved in us
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gentilhomme)
Vienna
Have you made this thread so that ONLY your opinion of the palestinian cause and Hamas fight becomes the norm and all others are but nought.
No. Have I forgotten to unban everyone from posting again?!

WELL let me tell you one(or two) thing that perhaps you seem to forget
History of previous civilations is full example where Weaker people were subject to harsh treatment from the more powerfull ones, and yet they were the ones with the right cause.
Probably yes.

Have you wondered why do arabs hate(dislike) us, indeed not because we are rich, is there another point of view we should looking at instead of the media vilifying every and each action of hamas.
Other than hatred and ethnic cleansing of the Jewish people? Id like to see a legitimate Palestinian state.

Perhaps or definitely there IS something we are not seeing and your point of view is nothing but the mere reflexion of what the media has ingraved in us
I disagree with almost every media source in Britain on the question of this conflict, so Id struggle to say I mirrored it.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is Hamas a terrorist group......?
Is the Pope Catholic?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads