Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    no, but it does detract from the israelis claim to the land.
    The Jews or the Israelis?

(Original post by vienna95)
    The Jews or the Israelis?
    hmmm, quite a conondrum. I'll go with Israelis. THere were many jews on the land before. I don't recognise the 'right to return' for all these zionist jews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faa)
    Hate to sound so harsh, but that sounds awfully like what ive been told about the Quaran, like how muslims believe that their religion is the best, and that if you're not religious you were born muslim! This is total and utter rubbish! Do they never read what they're saying and think if they're insane???!!! Like ive said too many times on this forum, i hope all those terrorists commit suicide and realise there is no such thing as god. That would prove that what they fight for is tosh, and what we (civilised countries) fight for is real (democracy).
    This is to whoever pm'd me and talked out of their bum. "Wishing terrorists commited suicide is not helping".

Let me think........ yes it is!! I didnt say they would have to blow up other people, just kill themselves and make this world a better place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    the israelis believe that their religious text entitles them to the land. Hamas believes that their religious text commands them to remove the israelis from said land.
    LOL- Atleast what the Israelis are fighting for is real and actually there, not all that rubbish that the Palestinians are fighting over (religion)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faa)
    LOL- Atleast what the Israelis are fighting for is real and actually there, not all that rubbish that the Palestinians are fighting over (religion)!
    are you saying that isrealy religious text entitled them tp have the land but not the palestinian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faa)
    are you saying that isrealy religious text entitled them tp have the land but not the palestinian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gentilhomme)
    the fact that israel exists entitles them to the land

ReputationRep:
    So Is Palaestine

ReputationRep:
    So Is Palaestine
    What is Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    the fact that israel exists entitles them to the land
    What land?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Which land?
    Israeli land.

ReputationRep:
    Israeli land.
    Defined as?

ReputationRep:
    Defined as?
    Land under the jurisidiction of the Israeli government.

ReputationRep:
    Land under the jurisidiction of the Israeli government.
    Regardless of legality? Regardless of how land came to be under its jurisdiction?

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of legality? Regardless of how land came to be under its jurisdiction?
    Other than the land allocated to it by the UN, Israel obtained parts of Gaza and the West Bank following conflict with Jordan and Egypt. Since there has been no peace since, Israel is entitled to retain such land that was fairly disputed by Egypt and Jordan. Neither wish to reclaim such land. When aggression ceases against Israel, that land will be allocated to the creation of a Palestinian state consistent with that originally offered on two previous occasions. Until then, the land remains under Israeli jurisdiction.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna your thought are sooo incoherent and astray that i am afraid that noone is going to be able to reason with you on this issue, You ve made up your mind and closed the book of reason.
    MY point:
    wasnt it you who was so hasty at stressing that palestinian want to cleasen the jewish ethnic and yet now you seems to deny the most fundamentale thing which is the existence of the palestinians and their right to have a homeland
    ""What is Palestine?"" are your words.
    acknowledge that palestinians have a land as well and as rigthfull as the isrealiens

ReputationRep:
    MY point:
    wasnt it you who was so hasty at stressing that palestinian want to cleasen the jewish ethnic and yet now you seems to deny the most fundamentale thing which is the existence of the palestinians and their right to have a homeland
    ""What is Palestine?"" are your words.
    acknowledge that palestinians have a land as well and as rigthfull as the isrealiens
    Im not denying it, im asking you what it is. I recognise the wish of the Palestinian Arabs to a state of their own, and hope they will have one.

ReputationRep:
    the places where isreal occupies wrongfully

ReputationRep:
    the places where isreal occupies wrongfully
    I believe you mean the Palestinian Arab territories, which you wish to see become a Palestinian state? Palestine includes Israel and parts of Jordan I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Other than the land allocated to it by the UN, Israel obtained parts of Gaza and the West Bank following conflict with Jordan and Egypt. Since there has been no peace since, Israel is entitled to retain such land that was fairly disputed by Egypt and Jordan.
    Entitled by what? You seem to be claiming that a state of war still exists between Jordan/Egypt and Israel which is untrue.
    Neither wish to reclaim such land. When aggression ceases against Israel, that land will be allocated to the creation of a Palestinian state consistent with that originally offered on two previous occasions. Until then, the land remains under Israeli jurisdiction.
    (Edited to improve question)And do you believe aggression against Israel would have ceased earlier had it a)withdrawn from land which was populated by hostile peoples and to which it had no claim beyond that of might is right b)immediately created the palestinian state/allowed the palestinian state to be created instead of c)displacing the native peoples and replacing them with Israelis?

Also, as you suggest that Israels occupation is legitimate as it is not contested by Egypt/Jordan and so presumably had the war progressed to an extent which saw one of the aforementioned states entirely occupied they would also legitimately considered be Israeli land as the state would no longer exist and thus could not contest the occupation? Or would you consider the contention of the native peoples to be enough? (a pointless question but may as well ask) Do you believe in self-determination?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.