Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    I think that is pointless.
    My opinion is that terrorism is easily replacable with many other words. It is used for fear etc and isn't useful at all.
    yet you felt there was sufficient definition to vote on the poll and declare that "Isreal uses state terrorism".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Because vienna says so, silly.

I forgot that vienna's word is gospel and everyone even if they provide factual evidence is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    hamas is pretty good at that sort of thing too. clown.
    Both of none, I've already said that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Both of none, I've already said that.
    not much point posting anything then is there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Because its a non-point and bears no obvious relation to the topic.
    Oh trying hard to dodge this one arent we. You said its disgusting I could not differentiate between Hamas and the USA and yet you are totally unwilling to debate on any level what I wrote. Yet you feel justified in calling my views disgusting.

Either apologies for calling them disgusting or answer the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Repentance)
    One should not quote something if they do not understand it…this has nothing to do with what is happening…it states ‘Muslims’ not Arabs…this quote is too all Muslims not just Arabs.
    do you know where the quotation is from?

ReputationRep:
    time for some new controversy.

all those that voted no are anti-semitic

ReputationRep:
    yet you felt there was sufficient definition to vote on the poll and declare that "Isreal uses state terrorism".
    for the purpose of your poll. yes. you've chosen to use the word terrorism so i've followed along with that.
    Therefore, in line with what your poll is saying, I gave the alternative argument, the other side : Isreal uses state terrorism. I thought I already explained that.

ReputationRep:
    not much point posting anything then is there?
    There's a point, this poll tries to state that Hamas is a terrorist group and deny that Israel is a terrorist state. That's the only reason why I voted no.

ReputationRep:
    all those that voted no are anti-semitic.
    do not get me started on the background of anti-semitic. Last time vienna couldn't admit defeat.

ReputationRep:
    time for some new controversy.

all those that voted no are anti-semitic
    And those that voted yes are all zionists? ....

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And those that voted yes are all zionists? ....
    lol. how apt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Oh trying hard to dodge this one arent we.
    Theres nothing to dodge. Its a non point. Everything has ultimately some flaws and some positives in the eyes of someone.

You said its disgusting I could not differentiate between Hamas and the USA and yet you are totally unwilling to debate on any level what I wrote. Yet you feel justified in calling my views disgusting.
    My opinion is quite clear: in stating that Hamas and the USA have both good and bad points you dont make any distinction between the two, not least make any attempt to address the thread topic. I find that utterly disgusting.

Either apologies for calling them disgusting or answer the question.
    or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    do not get me started on the background of anti-semitic. Last time vienna couldn't admit defeat.
    If i remember rightly, you didnt know what an antonym was and didnt even know the basic facts behind the origin of the word anti-semitic. I couldnt admit defeat because the 'opposition' had crucified themselves first.

Ill repeat again, anti-semitic is not an antonym of semitic.

ReputationRep:
    i think a lot of people here need to read up on hamas, its leaders, its actions, its aims, and its beliefs.

anyone daring to support it is just foolish.

you might as well come out and say i support terrorist, murder, holocaust denial, sending kids to their death blowing up buses, genocide...etc etc

if i wasnt already disturbed by humans i'd actually be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    There's a point, this poll tries to state that Hamas is a terrorist group
    No, it asks whether you believe in the context of Hamas' goals and actions, Hamas can be defined as a terrorist group.

and deny that Israel is a terrorist state.
    Where? What utter nonsense.

That's the only reason why I voted no.
    So you actually made no effort to consider the question of the poll. Thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    you might as well come out and say i support terrorist, murder, holocaust denial, sending kids to their death blowing up buses, genocide...etc etc
    Mad Caddie has already declared that genocide is a nobel cause.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is quite clear: in stating that Hamas and the USA have both good and bad points you dont make any distinction between the two, not least make any attempt to address the thread topic. I find that utterly disgusting.
    Then why to start did you call my views disgusting to start with? That sentance was not about distinction it was a point that you cannot paint a black and white picture of many things in politics which you have attempted to do by only putting two oposed views in the poll and no room for a middle ground.

Simplistic maybe but disgusting no.

ReputationRep:
    Where? What utter nonsense.

So you actually made no effort to consider the question of the poll. Thankyou.
    This poll isn't fair at all, you just want to demonstrate something forgeting a part of the problem, I think of that as a mistake.

I've answered to the poll as I knew your intention.

ReputationRep:

anyone daring to support it is just foolish.
    There is a difference between understanding and supporting.

There is also a difference between trying not to misinterpret someone and supporting someone.

It strikes me that a lot of people on this thread can understand Hamas and are trying to ensure that they are not misinterpreted. This is not "support" for Hamas.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.