The Student Room Group

Amazon showing delivered but not here

Wth on my Amazon account it says parcel handed to resident and even got an email saying the same but it hasn't been delivered, I looked everywhere outside nowhere to be seen.
Original post by Anonymusy
Wth on my Amazon account it says parcel handed to resident and even got an email saying the same but it hasn't been delivered, I looked everywhere outside nowhere to be seen.

Is there anyone else in the house/flat who could have collected it? Do you know whether Amazon were delivering it themselves, or whether it was a different delivery company? Is there any link or tracking I'd whereby you could get a photo of the delivery (most companies do that these days)?

This does happen sometimes. Amazon have a page here with guidance as to what you should do.
Depending where you live it's worth glancing at neighbours doorsteps and checking the final tracking info to seeing if they took a photo of where they left it (they often take a photo even when handing me stuff)

Failing that report it to the feedback chat bot, which will prob tell you to wait 2 days to see if it's arrives then come back and it will issue a replacement or refund.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Is there anyone else in the house/flat who could have collected it? Do you know whether Amazon were delivering it themselves, or whether it was a different delivery company? Is there any link or tracking I'd whereby you could get a photo of the delivery (most companies do that these days)?

This does happen sometimes. Amazon have a page here with guidance as to what you should do.

No there's no one else home to have collected it, yes it was to be delivered by Amazon. No Amazon doesn't take photos of their deliveries. I did call customer service and the answering machine said it had said it had been delivered a few hours before it actually was delivered and to call back if it's not here by Tuesday then I can get a refund but on the Amazon website it says 24 hours. It was supposed to be here by the end of today so I think what's happened is they've said its been delivered by mistake so hopefully it will still arrive by the end of today.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
Depending where you live it's worth glancing at neighbours doorsteps and checking the final tracking info to seeing if they took a photo of where they left it (they often take a photo even when handing me stuff)

Failing that report it to the feedback chat bot, which will prob tell you to wait 2 days to see if it's arrives then come back and it will issue a replacement or refund.

I've already had a look round, it's nowhere to be seen and the final tracking info says it's been delivered, handed to resident. Amazon has never taken a photo for me.

Yeah I've called customer service and the answering machine said it was delivered a few hours before it was and if it isn't here by Tuesday then I can get a refund. It was meant to be delivered by the end of the day so it could be a mistake and could still be delivered today, hopefully.
Not to worry you, but recently we had a parcel marked as delivered when it hadn't been. It arrived the next day and it turned out someone at the distribution centre/courier had opened it, nicked the contents, then resealed it. So just be very wary of examining the packet (if it arrives) for any sign of tampering.
Reply 6
Check with neighbours; the driver can only mark as delivered within a very small radius of your property without contacting On Road support to override it.
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
Check with neighbours; the driver can only mark as delivered within a very small radius of your property without contacting On Road support to override it.

I don't think they have it, there wasn't even a knock on my door or anywhere nearby around the time it said it was delivered as I can hear everything from my room. The neighbours are good anyway, if they do get our packages, they give them to us.
Reply 8
I don't think they have it, there wasn't even a knock on my door or anywhere nearby around the time it said it was delivered as I can hear everything from my room. The neighbours are good anyway, if they do get our packages, they give them to us.

Check.
I've already had a look round, it's nowhere to be seen and the final tracking info says it's been delivered, handed to resident. Amazon has never taken a photo for me.

Yeah I've called customer service and the answering machine said it was delivered a few hours before it was and if it isn't here by Tuesday then I can get a refund. It was meant to be delivered by the end of the day so it could be a mistake and could still be delivered today, hopefully.

Yea still might show up today/tomorrow. I've def had stuff arrive some time after being marked as delivered and never had any issues with Amazon replacing stuff that I didn't get.
Right there with Strider

Had the few odd parcels marked as delivered, only be to received the next day. Don't think I've ever had anything not turn up but given past experience with Amazon CS, I'd suspect they'd sort a replacement out for you rather quickly. Assuming Amazon is selling and/or fulfilling the order.
- Check with your neighbours. Don't assume because you didn't hear a knock that it isn't there; go and knock on their door and explicitly ask if they took anything in. Sometimes delivery drivers will deliver to someone they personally trust in the area over someone directly next door to you.
- Check outside. My local delivery drivers tend to leave things in the garage (someone else leaves it unlocked...) or in the wheelie bin.

Failing that, contact them and find out what has happened.
(edited 1 year ago)
Update: My parcel never arrived. I ended up contacting Amazon and I got a replacement which arrived yesterday 🙂
Update: My parcel never arrived. I ended up contacting Amazon and I got a replacement which arrived yesterday 🙂

Thanks for posting the update. (It's always nice to know how a story ends!)
Original post by DataVenia
Thanks for posting the update. (It's always nice to know how a story ends!)

Np 😊

Quick Reply

Latest