The Student Room Group

EPQ Euthanasia

Hi guys. I am doing an EPQ on euthanasia and assisted suicide and whether they should be legalised in the UK. I want to do primary research to get the opinions of the public and whether they think it should be legalised. How would I make the questionnaire (what things other than their opinion could I include in it) and how will I get people to respond to it?
You should start by thinking about the practicalities. How will you get the questionnaire to your intended audience - electronically or hard copy (or both). How many do you need to get back to make your data valid. Will you go for purely quantitative data (eg yes or no answers, scored responses) and/or qualitative data (eg explanations, comments, etc). I would suggest reading a good methodology book to help you design your questionnaire. Design is massively important with this kind of primary research because once the questionnaire goes out, you will be stuck with the data you get back. Think about the kind of data you would like to get back and work backwards from that - how to design your questions to get it.
Here is a possible structure for your questionnaire:

Introduction: Explain the purpose of the questionnaire and how the results will be used.

Consent: Ask respondents to confirm that they understand the purpose of the questionnaire and that they are willing to participate.

Demographics: Ask questions to gather information about respondents' age, gender, location, and other relevant characteristics.

Euthanasia and assisted suicide: Ask questions to gather respondents' opinions on the topics of euthanasia and assisted suicide. This can include questions about whether they think these practices should be legal, under what circumstances they should be allowed, and how they would feel if a loved one were considering them.

Open-ended questions: Ask a few open-ended questions that allow respondents to provide more detailed answers and express their thoughts and feelings on the topic.

Conclusion: Thank respondents for their participation and provide contact information for follow-up questions or comments.

Remember to keep the questionnaire brief and avoid using complex language or jargon. Also, make sure to include a mix of question types, such as multiple choice and open-ended questions, to gather a range of information from respondents.

Once you have created your questionnaire, you will need to find a way to distribute it to potential respondents. One way to do this is to use an online survey platform, such as Google Forms or SurveyMonkey. This will allow you to easily share a link to your questionnaire with potential respondents and collect their responses electronically. Alternatively, you could distribute paper copies of your questionnaire to people in your community and ask them to complete it and return it to you.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Salma06
Hi guys. I am doing an EPQ on euthanasia and assisted suicide and whether they should be legalised in the UK. I want to do primary research to get the opinions of the public and whether they think it should be legalised. How would I make the questionnaire (what things other than their opinion could I include in it) and how will I get people to respond to it?

no clue but yougov have some intresting polls on it if you would like
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/should-the-law-be-changed-to-allow-someone-to-assist-in-the-suicide-of-someone-suffering-from-an-incurable-but-not-terminal-illness

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending