The Student Room Group

epq help

I’m planning on doing my epq on the impact of South Asian colonialism, i might change my idea though because I’m struggling to find books about it so does anyone have any recommendations or think it’s a good idea?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Have you had a look at google scholar? should be plenty of articles/studies and you might find a useful book title. Hope that helps :smile:

Original post by amnatesfaye
I’m planning on doing my epq on the impact of South Asian colonialism, i might change my idea though because I’m struggling to find books about it so does anyone have any recommendations or think it’s a good idea?
It sounds like a fascinating topic for an EPQ project! South Asian colonialism is a complex and important topic that has had a significant impact on the region's history, culture, and society. While it may be difficult to find books specifically on the topic of South Asian colonialism, there are many books that cover related subjects that you could use as sources for your project.

Here are a few books:

"The British Empire in India: An Economic and Social History" by R.E. Robinson and J. Gallagher provides an in-depth analysis of the economic and social impacts of British colonialism in India.

"India: A History" by John Keay offers a broad overview of India's history, including the period of British rule.

"Imperialism and Nationalism in South Asia" by Karim-Ali Zaidi explores the ways in which imperialism and nationalism interacted in the region during the colonial period.

"The Indian Ocean in World History" by Edward A. Alpers examines the role of the Indian Ocean in the global economy and politics during the colonial era.

"The Indian Mutiny and the British Imagination" by Peter Marshall looks at the impact of the Indian Mutiny of 1857 on British attitudes towards India and colonialism.

Some possible examples of how you might use these books in your project could be:

Citing "The British Empire in India: An Economic and Social History" to support your argument about the economic consequences of British rule in India.

Using "India: A History" as a source of background information on the broader context of British colonialism in India.

Drawing on "Imperialism and Nationalism in South Asia" to discuss the relationship between colonialism and national identity in the region.

Referring to "The Indian Ocean in World History" to provide evidence of the global significance of the Indian Ocean during the colonial period.

Quoting from "The Indian Mutiny and the British Imagination" to illustrate the ways in which the Indian Mutiny affected British perceptions of India and colonialism.
thank you! i changed my idea two weeks ago unfortunately because i thought finding resources was too complicated i’m now doing it on ‘to what extent can sadness be comforting?’ because it’s an easier idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending