The Student Room Group

Best first year Contract law textbook

Hi, so I’m currently a first year law student at Sheffield uni and I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a textbook for contract law and possibly tort if you know any. For criminal law I’ve been using Smith, Hogan, and Ormerod’s essential of criminal law (4th edition) which I absolutely love, but I just can’t find a similar textbook for the contract module. Every textbook I’ve had a look at is either too entailed, packed with information that I don’t need to know for first year, or just down right unapproachable. So I’m just wondering if anybody has one that is easy to understand, without too much information and explains the concepts relatively simply.
Original post by Psychidiot12
Hi, so I’m currently a first year law student at Sheffield uni and I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a textbook for contract law and possibly tort if you know any. For criminal law I’ve been using Smith, Hogan, and Ormerod’s essential of criminal law (4th edition) which I absolutely love, but I just can’t find a similar textbook for the contract module. Every textbook I’ve had a look at is either too entailed, packed with information that I don’t need to know for first year, or just down right unapproachable. So I’m just wondering if anybody has one that is easy to understand, without too much information and explains the concepts relatively simply.

Hiya

For contract, I really liked Contract Law by Mindy Chen-Wishart. For tort, I preferred Tort Law by Kirsty Horsey and Erika Rackley.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest