Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so today I had:

B: Special K cereal, bannana/apple
    L: Fruit bread toasted + yoghurt
    D: Vegetable stir fry and rice

2 bottles of water

How could I improve this? Or isnt it that bad? I am feeling a lack in energy slightly.

ReputationRep:
    more water

alot more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaf)
    more water

alot more
    I mean the bigger ones are they 2L? Not the smaller ones you can buy out of vending machines. I struggle to drink more than that tbh, but thanks

ReputationRep:
    Minimal protein too.

ReputationRep:
    we couldnt judge on 1 day, youd have 2 put ur diet from a few days cos say tomorrow you ate a huge chocolate cake, itd cancel out today. its good for today but youd have 2 keep it up for a prolonged period.

ReputationRep:
    have more uncooked food to balance out with your cooks & processed foods.

dunno where to start, lol, i like raw coli, raw garlic, salad. Also get some omega 3's from oily fish, flax each day.

i'm not knocking it, i love toast and I got to like stir fry because it's easy, but that's history cause frying is not the best,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Ok, so today I had:

2 bottles of water

How could I improve this? Or isnt it that bad? I am feeling a lack in energy slightly.
    Not enough protein; you're getting it from the dairy products, but from little else. I'd try and have a meat-based dinner, as protein makes you feel fuller for longer. Maybe try and cut the carbs a little bit too.

By the way, what yoghurts are you having? There is a vast spectrum in nutritional content!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so today I had:

2 bottles of water

I would also add more protein :yep: and more carbs if you're feeling a lack of energy. But other than yet, pretty much healthy :top:

I personally couldn't survive on that though :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    have more uncooked food to balance out with your cooks & processed foods.

dunno where to start, lol, i like raw coli, raw garlic, salad. Also get some omega 3's from oily fish, flax each day.

i'm not knocking it, i love toast and I got to like stir fry because it's easy, but that's history cause frying is not the best,,
    Raw garlic?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so today I had:

2 bottles of water

Deficient in protein, deficient in fats, very low on calories...

READ THE FITNESS STICKY, pay particular attention to the HEALTHY EATING section. It will tell you what you should be eating and in what proportions.

If I were you to be uber healthy you could add fish (fresh or something like sardines or tuna in sunflower oil).

That will give you your protein with minimal fat too (as well as all the super oils etc...).

Let's be honest though, you did know before you posted that your diet is really healthy right :laugh:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    I would also add more protein :yep: and more carbs if you're feeling a lack of energy. But other than yet, pretty much healthy :top:

I personally couldn't survive on that though :no:
    She may become dependent on carbohydrates though, thats why I'd be a little more inclined to switch to protein. OP - Look at your fibre too, as that seems a little low. How about having all-bran with sweetener on top? You'd get the taste, just with more fibre.

As for the Special K, it isn't a weight loss food. It has the same nutritional content as many other cereals on the market and had a stupendously high amount of sugar. With all-bran, what you see is what you get: Bran, bran and more bran!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runaway987)
    Raw garlic?

I know, someone finally flagged me up over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbamuffin)

Let's be honest though, you did know before you posted that your diet is really healthy right :laugh:?
    Mm okay you got me. But no seriously, this is my thing I dont feel as though Im getting enough energy from my food but am reluctant to add too many more carbs or fats, as they yield the most energy. Im also not a lover of meat, and whilst I do think that today has been a healthy day for me, Im not sure its that sustainable- thats what I want something in the long term.

Ive always eaten healthily but now I want to take it to a permanent thing, not any days off either :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomster)
    She may become dependent on carbohydrates though, thats why I'd be a little more inclined to switch to protein. OP - Look at your fibre too, as that seems a little low. How about having all-bran with sweetener on top? You'd get the taste, just with more fibre.

As for the Special K, it isn't a weight loss food. It has the same nutritional content as many other cereals on the market and had a stupendously high amount of sugar. With all-bran, what you see is what you get: Bran, bran and more bran!
    Only if she has LOADS, I mean just the recommended amount would do a lot of good.

But no seriously, this is my thing I dont feel as though Im getting enough energy from my food but am reluctant to add too many more carbs or fats, as they yield the most energy.
    Why are you reluctant to add them if they're the sources of the energy (that you're lacking)?

ReputationRep:
    Mm okay you got me. But no seriously, this is my thing I dont feel as though Im getting enough energy from my food but am reluctant to add too many more carbs or fats, as they yield the most energy. Im also not a lover of meat, and whilst I do think that today has been a healthy day for me, Im not sure its that sustainable- thats what I want something in the long term.

Ive always eaten healthily but now I want to take it to a permanent thing, not any days off either :p:
    Quorn/Protein supplements?

Sorry, you lack protein! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Is that all? I would be starving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbamuffin)
    Why are you reluctant to add them if they're the sources of the energy (that you're lacking)?
    Because I dont want to get carried away and add too many :p: Problem is, Im catered at uni, and they dont serve the *healthiest* food- so I try to chose carefully in the evening. So I what would your recommendation be to add into that? (and i know toast isnt the best, but fruit bread is pretty damn good to be fair, tastes gorgeous)

edit: and definately need more protein by the looks of things :p:

ReputationRep:
    Special K bar - 90kcal.
    Vegetable stir fry - 400kcal.
    Banana - 100kcal.
    Apple - 40kcal.

Unless you're getting 370kcal+ from the fruited bread and yogurt, which is unlikely, you're not consuming enough to give yourself energy. Going below 900 calories (unless you are grossly overweight) is putting yourself in starvation mode, which is why you have no energy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.