Turn on thread page Beta

My Mum just died watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my Mum died suddenly just over a week ago and I feel completely lost. I just feel so numb and empty. i can't bring myself to care about anything. I laugh at things but my hearts not in it, i cry but i can't feel anything, i want to talk about it but at the same time i'm sick to death of saying the same empty words. I can't think about the past, I can't think about the present becasue its too hard and I'm scared of the future. I can't concentrate or anything at college. I'm terrified for my DAd. I just need my Mum.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    She is with you in spirit, stay strong for your family and for yourself.

Snow patrol - Run.

Light up, light up
    As if you have a choice
    Even if you cannot hear my voice
    I'll be right beside you dear

ReputationRep:
    Whoa I'm sorry for you That must be hard. I mean... I wouldn't know what to do without my mum! But make sure you talk to your family about all this

ReputationRep:
    im soo sorry to hear that...theres not much people can say to make u feel better <3

ReputationRep:
    Everyone will go one day and it hurts. But remember, its God's will and no matter what you do, she will not come back.

Pray for her. Its the ONLY thing you can do.

:hugs:

Dude I know its hard at the beginning but trust me things will get better. It may take a while though, you need time to grieve. My friend has been in a simular situation and shes now stronger than ever

If shes not suffering anymore then its for the best

And Im sorry :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    My deepest sympathies, OP.

ReputationRep:
    Just Live,that's what she would have wanted you to do,Make something of yourself!! My Dad died like 2 years ago and it only made me want to be a better person,I am so so so sorry ,cause i actually know how it feels,just become a good person in life and try to be there for your dad,again, i am so sorry

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely am sorry to hear that.
    Stay strong for yourself and your family. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Salam,

I hope things better, All the best to you sweetie.

ReputationRep:
    OP, PM me if you want to talk, I'm going through something like this, although it hasn't happened quite yet.

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry for you, my deepest sympathies

ReputationRep:
    When people in my family have died, I was slightly consoled by thinking about how everybody who has ever lived, has died, and has known everyone else to die, too.
    It's just the way it is. Good luck F.16 <3

ReputationRep:
    I know it must be really, really hard, and there is no simple way to go ahead. I'm sure your mum will want you to try and go ahead as usual, and try to be happy and work. I do understand it's hard though, I think you should talk to your dad about how you're feeling, and maybe you can reminisce about the old days, or maybe make a scrap book about her life? You could write lots of things in it and stick photos of her and you in it, and whenever you feel sad you can look back on it and remember. You could treasure it forever. That's what I'd do.
    I'd also like to give you all my wishes at a hard time like this. I can't even comprehend what it would be like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simpsonsmania)
    Everyone will go one day and it hurts. But remember, its God's will and no matter what you do, she will not come back.

Pray for her. Its the ONLY thing you can do.
    Ermm. I don't think its the ONLY thing that she can do.

OP, stick to the rest of your family, they'll be the one that will truly understand what you are going through and hopefully you will be able to get each other through this.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    To the OP- I can't really imagine how you're feeling...or not feeling as the case may be. It's ok to be like that though. It's a natural feeling and your reaction to such a shock is normal. I wish I could say something comforting, but I know losing someone so close to you is very very difficult. You don't have to be strong either if you don't feel like it. Just take things slowly and try and treasure the beautiful memories that you have. Your dad will be feeling this very hard, but you seem to care lots for him, and i'm sure that he knows this, and believe me, you just being there will make things a million times better for him.
    I don't know you, you don't know me either...but if you just want to vent, or want a friendly ear, feel free to PM me and i'll listen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.1617)
    Hi, my Mum died suddenly just over a week ago and I feel completely lost. I just feel so numb and empty. i can't bring myself to care about anything. I laugh at things but my hearts not in it, i cry but i can't feel anything, i want to talk about it but at the same time i'm sick to death of saying the same empty words. I can't think about the past, I can't think about the present becasue its too hard and I'm scared of the future. I can't concentrate or anything at college. I'm terrified for my DAd. I just need my Mum.
    I lost my Mum a few years ago and felt completely the same. I still miss her everyday but it does get slightly easier as the time goes on.

pm me if you need a chat

ReputationRep:
    OP, you have my absolute deepest sympathies, I can't even imagine what you must be going through.

If you want a friendly ear, then PM me.

ReputationRep:
    From Snow Patrol

Light up, light up
    As if you have a choice
    Even if you cannot hear my voice
    I'll be right beside you dear
    Edit: Oh, beaten too it!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.