Turn on thread page Beta

When do you go to bed? watch

• View Poll Results: What time do you go to bed on 'schooldays'?
    Trusted to whenever I want
    52.99%
    11-12
    26.92%
    11-12 (rule)
    1.71%
    10-11
    12.82%
    10-11 (rule)
    1.71%
    9- 10
    1.71%
    9-10 (rule)
    0.43%
    8-9
    0.43%
    8-9 (rule)
    0.43%
    earlier than 8
    0.43%
    earlier than 8 (rule)
    0.43%

ReputationRep:
    When do you go to bed? Do you need alot of sleep? Or can you survive with only a couple of hours or so? What year are you in? Do you still have a 'fixed' bedtime, or are you pretty much trusted to go to bed when you want? Is it the same or different on weekends? Do you read before you go to sleep, or watch TV?

Me:

Need at least 9 1/2 /10 hours sleep. Last year of sixthform. Fixed (10.30) on 'schooldays' (need routine to be able to be 'with it' the next day :P), but pretty much trusted on weekends/holidays. Normally read a couple of chapters, but on weekends will watch some family guy before bed :P

You?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Between 10 and 11pm. I fail to get to sleep most of the time though, I need at least 9 hours but I manage 7 at the most. Weekends I go to bed about 11... I sleep in. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Just after I've read your latest thread.

Goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    When I am tired.

ReputationRep:
    I have to be at school at 8 and I usually go to bed at around midnight. I sometimes sleep for half an hour after I've come home from school (at 4pm) so that I'm fit for work.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in second year. I'm in bed from around 11.30pm - 1am on weeknights when I'm not out. Tends to be slightly earlier - 11pm - 12am at the weekends, but I'm with the boyf then, and definitely not doing any work! I need about 8 hours sleep to concentrate in uni the next day; its a struggle below that.

ReputationRep:
    I get up at 6am and go to bed at 2am every night .. I just can not help it

ReputationRep:
    Usually around 1-2am. I work 10 hours a week and the hours are my choosing, so it's not like I have to get out of bed in the morning.

*I did do my own fair share of 7am starts during 16 years of schooling, so now at 22 I'm more than qualified to stay in bed!*

I need 9 hours of sleep, can't function on 7 or less.

ReputationRep:
    In secondary school I used to be able to survive on a few hours of sleep. But in college I seem to sleep 8/9 hours and still be tired.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to go to bed sometime between 12am and 2am. I mostly get up sometime between 10am and 11am, but I'm always tired. I take ages to get to sleep, so if I've got to be up early in the morning sometimes I only get 3 or 4 hours

ReputationRep:
    Erm, atm i can pretty much, with a few exceptions, go to bed whenever i want and wake up when i want. Although i try to stick to getting about 6-8hrs a night

ReputationRep:
    I end up going to bed at about 2am most of the time.

On most days I get up at 10 at the latest because of work. When it's uni, I get up at about 8. The only day I get off is Saturday, when I sleep in until about 2pm (I work Friday nights as well, so get home at about 3/4 am or later).

I feel like **** when I wake up early, but after a while I feel healthier during the day than when I have lots of sleep.

Oh, and I'm 19, in my first year at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Usually about 1am during the week, later at weekends. I need around 9 hours sleep or i get cranky.

ReputationRep:
    I can go to bed whenever i want to but i usually fall asleep by about 12ish. I usually wake up at 6.00ish, but i don't mind...i'm a morning person...

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I want to, that period usually falls between 11pm and 12am though.

ReputationRep:
    For me it nearly always varies, I don’t really have a set time that I go to bed I just go when I start to feel tired, although I do try and get as much sleep as possible because I know I need to be up in the mornings. I definitely feel a lot better if I’ve had enough sleep but I can usually get by if I’m in need of more, I just always feel more refreshed when I’ve had a little extra. On the weekends I usually stay up quite late which doesn’t help with my sleeping pattern, it’s probably the reason why it has no routine at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I always try to go to bed between half 9 to half 10. Sometimes ends up a bit later, but I really look forward to climbing in so it's not so hard.

On weekends it'll be whenever I want. I'm not normally in, or I come home really late so it's hard to say.

ReputationRep:
    I hit the hay at around 3am, wake up at about 1pm

ReputationRep:
    Everyday = 12:30am - 1 am.. I wake up at 8 am..

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third year at uni, I go to bed whenever I want. Usually around 11-1 during term-time. During the hols, after 12am. I get about 7 hours sleep during term-time, which isn't enough

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.