The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham

Nottingham self-catering?

Are there any self-catering flats on campus for undergraduates at Nottingham Uni?
Original post by ajaddress
Are there any self-catering flats on campus for undergraduates at Nottingham Uni?

Hey,

I am a current 4th year at the uni of Nottingham.

All of the accommodations on campus are catered.
The closest self-catered accommodation to campus is Broadgate park which is close to the sports facility and the town of Beeston but the ones on Jubilee are also only a 10/15 min walk to the science end of campus. There are also options such as St.Peteres court, Riverside point, Raighley park, Nottingham two which are slightly further away (25 min walk) but closer to the city.

I have left a link below to the accommodations page which show all of the facilities and where they are located so that might be useful for you to have a look through your preferences.
If you have any questions just let me know,
Emily :smile:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/options/
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Reply 2
Original post by EmilyClarke24
Hey,

I am a current 4th year at the uni of Nottingham.

All of the accommodations on campus are catered.
The closest self-catered accommodation to campus is Broadgate park which is close to the sports facility and the town of Beeston but the ones on Jubilee are also only a 10/15 min walk to the science end of campus. There are also options such as St.Peteres court, Riverside point, Raighley park, Nottingham two which are slightly further away (25 min walk) but closer to the city.

I have left a link below to the accommodations page which show all of the facilities and where they are located so that might be useful for you to have a look through your preferences.
If you have any questions just let me know,
Emily :smile:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/options/

Thanks so much, Emily. Do you know whether science students live in the halls on Jubilee campus because they're nearer to the science dept or would Uni of Nottingham science students live in Broadgate Park if they want to be self-catering, even though BP is further away...
Thanks
Alison
Thanks so much, Emily. Do you know whether science students live in the halls on Jubilee campus because they're nearer to the science dept or would Uni of Nottingham science students live in Broadgate Park if they want to be self-catering, even though BP is further away...
Thanks
Alison

Either is fine, most science departments are on the east side of uni park (so about half way between both sets of accommodation).

But SPC, Raleigh park, riverside & similar are easy to walk into the city or to uni. broadgate has Beeston & right by a tram stop.
Thanks
Alison

From my experience everyone is all over the place and there isn't really any halls that are filled with specific students.
Broadgate park is slightly further away but a really large and popular accommodation. I know a few people on my course that lived in BP and just walked across each time. Probably only took them around 25/30 mins so similar to St.Peters court, Raighley park etc.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks to both of you for replying

Quick Reply

Latest