This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Apparantly the Labour Government gave six million pounds to the trade unions some time ago for "modernisation". Obviously this was tax payers money.

A few days ago the trade unions apparantly paid six million into the Labour election campaign fund.

Am I the only person who thinks that this is a bit not right?
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
unions.

wrong on so many levels.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Apparantly the Labour Government gave six million pounds to the trade unions some time ago for "modernisation". Obviously this was tax payers money.

A few days ago the trade unions apparantly paid six million into the Labour election campaign fund.

do you expect them not to cheat>
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by technik)
wrong on some many levels.
Clearly it should have gone on education
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

sounds like money laundering doesnt it? But of course its not right. This is politics. To be fair most of them are a bunch of crooks.

Is it just me or is the money for these election campaigns ridiculously high. Surely £6 million wherever it comes from could be better spent
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I'd rather £6,000,000 were given to progressive organisations that promote social harmony and improvement in the living standards of the UKs poorest, than it being spend on more bombs to blow some poor Iraqi village to pieces.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
If any other company or private individual did something like this we would be prosecuted for money laundering offences.

If David Blunkett was a normal person he would have been prosecuted for abusing office or something.

How do they get away with it?
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Clearly it should have gone on education
im educated enough thanks
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what were you expecting, politicians to be upright and honest?
Johnny 5
Report 15 years ago
Seeing as it's mostly trade unions that fund Labour anyway, why should they not give money back in such a way?
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
Seeing as it's mostly trade unions that fund Labour anyway, why should they not give money back in such a way?
You have missed the point. Labour seem to have (allegedley) laundered taxpayers money into their own election fund.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you got a link?
Johnny 5
Report 15 years ago
You have missed the point. Labour seem to have (allegedley) laundered taxpayers money into their own election fund.
It seems I may have. But if they were truly money laundering rather than emphasising an existing link with the unions, methinks they would be more subtle than to simply hand over a £6million stack of cash each time.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (212)
38.48%
Take autumn exams (166)
30.13%
Look for a job (19)
3.45%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.99%
Take a year out (99)
17.97%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
5.99%

Watched Threads