Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly the Labour Government gave six million pounds to the trade unions some time ago for "modernisation". Obviously this was tax payers money.

A few days ago the trade unions apparantly paid six million into the Labour election campaign fund.

Am I the only person who thinks that this is a bit not right?

ReputationRep:
    unions.

wrong on so many levels.

(Original post by Mark_KK)
    Apparantly the Labour Government gave six million pounds to the trade unions some time ago for "modernisation". Obviously this was tax payers money.

A few days ago the trade unions apparantly paid six million into the Labour election campaign fund.

do you expect them not to cheat>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    wrong on some many levels.
    Clearly it should have gone on education

ReputationRep:

sounds like money laundering doesnt it? But of course its not right. This is politics. To be fair most of them are a bunch of crooks.

Is it just me or is the money for these election campaigns ridiculously high. Surely £6 million wherever it comes from could be better spent

ReputationRep:

I'd rather £6,000,000 were given to progressive organisations that promote social harmony and improvement in the living standards of the UKs poorest, than it being spend on more bombs to blow some poor Iraqi village to pieces.

ReputationRep:
    If any other company or private individual did something like this we would be prosecuted for money laundering offences.

If David Blunkett was a normal person he would have been prosecuted for abusing office or something.

How do they get away with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Clearly it should have gone on education
    im educated enough thanks

ReputationRep:
    what were you expecting, politicians to be upright and honest?

Seeing as it's mostly trade unions that fund Labour anyway, why should they not give money back in such a way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Seeing as it's mostly trade unions that fund Labour anyway, why should they not give money back in such a way?
    You have missed the point. Labour seem to have (allegedley) laundered taxpayers money into their own election fund.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a link?

You have missed the point. Labour seem to have (allegedley) laundered taxpayers money into their own election fund.
    It seems I may have. But if they were truly money laundering rather than emphasising an existing link with the unions, methinks they would be more subtle than to simply hand over a £6million stack of cash each time.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.