The Student Room Group

Cambridge interview reading

Are we allowed to print out the reading that we will get for the interview? I’m thinking it would be easier to annotate and such with a paper copy.
Original post by Myndra
Are we allowed to print out the reading that we will get for the interview? I’m thinking it would be easier to annotate and such with a paper copy.

There may not be a print option for a reason, if there is I wouldn't see why you wouldn't be allowed. Do you reckon you will have time to print out your reading? I only have half an hour to read in my allocated slot.
hi! i did my interviews today and for one of them they gave me the option to print my reading but told me i had to connect my phone to the zoom to check i wasn’t cheating? i would say go for it if you really need it but overall it seems like a bit of a faff when you only have 30 (very valuable!) minutes to read and come up with ideas for the reading. hope this helps :smile:

Original post by Myndra
Original post by persephonepluto
hi! i did my interviews today and for one of them they gave me the option to print my reading but told me i had to connect my phone to the zoom to check i wasn’t cheating? i would say go for it if you really need it but overall it seems like a bit of a faff when you only have 30 (very valuable!) minutes to read and come up with ideas for the reading. hope this helps :smile:

What course did you apply for?
Original post by Sam Ashton
What course did you apply for?

classics (4 years) at newnham! what about you?
classics (4 years) at newnham! what about you?

Theology, Religion and Philosophy of Religion at Gonville and Caius! My interview is on Thursday, you must feel so relieved now your application process is over.

Good luck with the results!

Seems like the best way to go is to annotate on the shared screen on Zoom?
Original post by Sam Ashton
Theology, Religion and Philosophy of Religion at Gonville and Caius! My interview is on Thursday, you must feel so relieved now your application process is over.

ooh lovely!! good luck for your interview- you’ll smash it!!

honestly i don’t, my interview felt quite underwhelming even though i did everything i could, guess we just have to wait now until january!
Original post by BubblesBB
Good luck with the results!

Seems like the best way to go is to annotate on the shared screen on Zoom?

thank you!! i would say just have a notebook and pen handy and jot down some notes after reading the sources a few times
Reply 9

Oh okey thank you! I think you are right, it’s probably an unnecessary waste of time. That’s so exciting that you’ve had your interview though! I have mine tomorrow, for Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic at Peterhouse!
Original post by Myndra
Oh okey thank you! I think you are right, it’s probably an unnecessary waste of time. That’s so exciting that you’ve had your interview though! I have mine tomorrow, for Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic at Peterhouse!

best of luck, i’m sure you’ll do amazingly!! :smile:
Reply 11
best of luck, i’m sure you’ll do amazingly!! :smile:

Thank you! Good luck with your results too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending