The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Foundation year 2023

Anyone applied to a biochem foundation year or got any replies from unis yet?
Reply 1
Hi! I know this isn't the reply your hoping for but can I ask what unis you applied for? I'm desperately trying to find places to apply to since I havn't got any science a levels T.T
Hi, I'm not doing a foundation year but will be doing biochemistry starting in 2023
Which unis have you applied for
Reply 3
I can't lie, I havn't applied for anything yet and I've barely written my personal statement. I'm going to apply for Westminster and East london uni and whatever other ones would consider me.
Reply 4
Original post by Ch707
Hi! I know this isn't the reply your hoping for but can I ask what unis you applied for? I'm desperately trying to find places to apply to since I havn't got any science a levels T.T

Hi, I applied at Huddersfield, Keele, and Salford uni for Biochem and mmu for BioMed. Only received responses from 3 uni's so far.
Reply 5
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Hi, I'm not doing a foundation year but will be doing biochemistry starting in 2023
Which unis have you applied for

Huddersfield, Keele, and Salford for Biochemistry.
Reply 6
Original post by ObaidAamir

THANK U SO MUCH OMGG I didn't even know about huddersfield are their entry requirements are so low I probably have a chance of getting in, thank u so much T.T, most of the unis i've asked wouldn't consider me cuz I dont have a level 3 in any sciences so this is a godsend.
Reply 7
Original post by Ch707
THANK U SO MUCH OMGG I didn't even know about huddersfield are their entry requirements are so low I probably have a chance of getting in, thank u so much T.T, most of the unis i've asked wouldn't consider me cuz I dont have a level 3 in any sciences so this is a godsend.

Yh Huddersfield was the only uni where I didn't apply to a foundation year only 1st year because the requirements are low.

Ahhh @ObaidAamir, exciting that you've applied to us - best of luck with your applications :smile:

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Reply 9
Original post by University of Salford
Ahhh @ObaidAamir, exciting that you've applied to us - best of luck with your applications :smile:

All the best,

Rowan

I applied initially for a foundation year however I got offered a place for 1st yr with different requirements. Is that normal to happen?
I applied initially for a foundation year however I got offered a place for 1st yr with different requirements. Is that normal to happen?

Depends on age and qualifications you have
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Depends on age and qualifications you have

Age? I'm in year 13 going through UCAS like the whole country. Or is there a difference still?
Age? I'm in year 13 going through UCAS like the whole country. Or is there a difference still?

Most unis won't let you apply outright for a foundation year if you are under 21 as they are mainly for mature students. If you accept the offer and don't do as well then they might allow you on the course but probably won't let you do it straight away. What a levels are you doing

Hi @ObaidAamir,

It does happen yes :smile: sometimes, if you 'exceed' the requirements for a foundation year, we might look at offering you a place on the programme directly. f you do have any concerns about your offer, please do just reply back to our admissions team and they'd be happy to look into it.

I hope this helps - if you have any other questions, please do just let me know.

Rowan

Quick Reply

Latest