The Student Room Group

First year @ Uni

I just received my first grade from my first assessment and I got a 52 which is 2:2. Is this a good grade for a first assessment on the first year @ uni?
Original post by fred2019
I just received my first grade from my first assessment and I got a 52 which is 2:2. Is this a good grade for a first assessment on the first year @ uni?

Hi there :smile:

Yes a 52 is fine for your first assignment. Learning how university works can be challenging and it can take time to adjust. The reason why first year doesn't count towards your final grade is to allow time for this adjustment to occur. It is perfectly fine to not be getting 2:1 and firsts this early on. Focus on your feedback as this will benefit you throughout your entire time at uni. Well done and good luck for your other assignments!

Best wishes
Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Original post by fred2019

Hi @fred2019

That is a good grade for your first assignment. You are only in first year so do not put unnecessary pressure on yourself by comparing to degree classification.
Many students get easily disheartened when they go from high grades in secondary school and then when they move to Uni get grades that appear lower. Remember that uni is a huge step up and it takes time to get higher grades.

As Joanna said, focus on the feedback and use it to help you with future assignments. Uni is a time to learn and grow and it is ok to get things right or wrong, the important thing is to build on from it and use feedback and assignments to your advantage.

Good luck with your other assignments :-)
Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest