Turn on thread page Beta

"The United States Of America is unilateralist, not isolationist." watch

ReputationRep:
    Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Do your own ******* homework.

ReputationRep:
    Who ever said it was isolationist anyway?

ReputationRep:
    It was certainly isolationist in the early C20th. But I would not call it isolationist now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creak)
    Do your own ******* homework.
    Not homework, douchebag.

(Original post by Student2806)
    Who ever said it was isolationist anyway?
    It was considered isolationist in the period between post-World War I and pre-World War II.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sputniksignals)
    It was considered isolationist in the period between post-World War I and pre-World War II.
    I thought you meant now.
    One of the features of isolationism is non-interventionism i.e. not getting into wars unrelated to direct territorial self-defence :p: It's arguable that in this respect, the USA is the exact opposite of isolationist.

ReputationRep:
    The USA is in no way isolationist, pre WW1 and 2 they attempted to play themselves off as that, but I don't believe they actually were, most of their businesses etc were based on imperialism; Panama, Cuba, Chinese markets etc.

ReputationRep:
    Isolationist-only because it was formerly against imperialism, not anymore. It was always Unilateralist and interactionalist.

ReputationRep:
    Isolationist! Hah!

The US has a special place in this world as the leader of the free world, and the greatest power. Like it or love it without their firm hand ready to swipe away any ill action the world would fall into pandemonium.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.