The Student Room Group

UCAS application change

I applied for Biomedical Science at Manchester Metropolitan. Unfortunately I somehow applied for the Masters Course (8Y90) instead of the Honours (C740). I tried to change it on UCAS but it says my new choice can't be the same institution. I don't know what to do about this🙄. Would appreciate any advice.
@Admit-One works in admissions, so they'll be able to help you much better than I can.

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge, you can make changes within 14 days of submitting your application. Is this the case for you?

Also, I'm applying for biomed too :smile: Which other unis are you applying to?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nathan Torres
I applied for Biomedical Science at Manchester Metropolitan. Unfortunately I somehow applied for the Masters Course (8Y90) instead of the Honours (C740). I tried to change it on UCAS but it says my new choice can't be the same institution. I don't know what to do about this🙄. Would appreciate any advice.

Contact ucas who can change it with8n 14 days , if it’s after 14 days since submitting application then contact uni directly and explain and they will change it for you
(Original post by sleep_supremacy)
Admit-One works in admissions, so they'll be able to help you much better than I can.

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge, you can make changes within 14 days of submitting your application. Is this the case for you?

Also, I'm applying for biomed too Which other unis are you applying to?
Sheffield Hallam, Cardiff Met, Manchester Met, Leeds Beckett and my 5th is Derby
(Original post by sleep_supremacy)
Admit-One works in admissions, so they'll be able to help you much better than I can.

Also, I'm applying for biomed too Which other unis are you applying to?
Sheffield Hallam, Cardiff Met, Manchester Met, Leeds Beckett and my 5th is Derby

Cool! Hoping you can change your choice in time. I'd advise to call UCAS when they're available, as long as it's within 14 days, and sort the issue out. This grace period exists just for that :biggrin:
Reply 5
same thing happened to me for med. firstly contact ucas and explain the situation. then they'll basically tell you to contact the university by email and explain the situation. add ur ucas number + full name and what happened. within 2 or 3 days they'll get back to you.

don't stress for it. its going to be okay.

edit: tell them the actually course u wanted to apply for
(edited 1 year ago)
Email the University with the course title and UCAS course code of the course you do want to do.
Don'y forget your UCAS id number
As above, for a swap at the same uni, contact the uni directly.

UCAS only need to get involved if you are looking to swap the uni itself.

(Original post by Nathan Torres)

Hi @Nathan Torres

This should not be a problem at all, all you need to do is contact our Science and Engineering admissions team at [email protected] requesting for the course to be changed on your application with the following details:

Full name

UCAS ID number

Course you originally applied for

Course you wish to change to

I hope this helps!

Carly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending