Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Morning everyone!

Thanks for the replies so far. Just to maybe provide more info (which I should have probably done at the start)! I don't live near her, we communicate through email and parties thru work. I was gonna send it to her from away.

Shes going to come down for a weekend and I do want to take it further (I think she knows this), but I don't want to come across all heavy and really only want this to be a funny, luagh type pressie.

I have checked with her and she said that she isn't easily offended!
    Does that change any of the above? Is it still a bad idea or is my sense of humour wildly off on this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Morning everyone!

Thanks for the replies so far. Just to maybe provide more info (which I should have probably done at the start)! I don't live near her, we communicate through email and parties thru work. I was gonna send it to her from away.

Shes going to come down for a weekend and I do want to take it further (I think she knows this), but I don't want to come across all heavy and really only want this to be a funny, luagh type pressie.

Does that change any of the above? Is it still a bad idea or is my sense of humour wildly off on this one?
    Gor for it!! With that statement she is asking for it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Morning everyone!

How awesome would it be if she went, well then, shall we try it out?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, then tell her that she can only have it if you get photographic evidence that she likes it

....and then post them up on here :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    oh...yes, get a funnnnnny vibrator rather than a rapant rabbit, at least then it's flirty and funny rather than just sexual.... just check into Ann Summers man!

ReputationRep:
    failing that it'll be some sort of cuddly toy...

girls which is the better??

ReputationRep:
    for me..... not a cuddly toy..I'm not 5, but then some girls like cutsie

ReputationRep:
    Go for the damn vibrator man! Lol...

Like someone said get a funny one.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that if you are unsure at all about getting her a vibrator then its probably best not to, as if she didn't like it, it could probably do a lot of damage to your relationship with her. I know that I would feel very uncomfortable with anyone giving me one as a present, especially someone I wasn't in a romantic relationship with. If I were you I would just look out for something really unusual, something unique so that every time she looks at it she thinks of you. You could go along the cuddly toy route- I don't think that there is any chance she wouldn't like that- but perhaps get her a gift that shows you put some thought into it- for example, a trinket box, a photo frame, something that she can use, but that is unique to the place that you got it from.

Hope that helps!

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    It might be a good idea just to check that she hasn't already got a rabbit. That is if you are going to get her one.
    (You do know how much they cost don't you? it's not cheap..in the eyes of a student anyway..if she doesn't like it/just for a joke present)
    You can get dildos shaped like cucumbers, corncobs, bananas etc they are more comical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    It might be a good idea just to check that she hasn't already got a rabbit. That is if you are going to get her one.
    (You do know how much they cost don't you? it's not cheap..in the eyes of a student anyway..if she doesn't like it/just for a joke present)
    You can get dildos shaped like cucumbers, corncobs, bananas etc they are more comical.
    Rabits are £35+

i dont no why i know that =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    Rabits are £35+

i dont no why i know that =/
    Thats for the 2 better models. The more basic and first model (which I think is pink) is less. Somewhere around 25-30 I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    Thats for the 2 better models. The more basic and first model (which I think is pink) is less. Somewhere around 25-30 I think.
    Yeh listen to her
    Shes had experience in such things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Popping over to Europe for a few days and promised a lass I liked a fun/funny pressie. She's got a good sense of humour and all, but I'm not dating her (although she is aware of my interest and reciprocates the flirting).

Anyhow, I was gonna buy her a rampant rabbit vibrator as a laugh, although now I'm not sure its such a great idea. What d'you girls think? And if not a great idea - can you give me some pointers. Don't really want it to be too soppy and more fun than anything else!

Ta

Mr J
    No way. I think you should come up with something different for a present. Maybe something sexy if you want, but NOT a vibrator.

ReputationRep:
    buy it but have a back up pressie so if she turns around in disgust you can say haha this is your REAL pressie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    Popping over to Europe for a few days and promised a lass I liked a fun/funny pressie. She's got a good sense of humour and all, but I'm not dating her (although she is aware of my interest and reciprocates the flirting).

Anyhow, I was gonna buy her a rampant rabbit vibrator as a laugh, although now I'm not sure its such a great idea. What d'you girls think? And if not a great idea - can you give me some pointers. Don't really want it to be too soppy and more fun than anything else!

Ta

Mr J
    Sounds risky to me. It has the potential to kaput your relationship. Maybe something more subtle and less presonal would be better. If you really want to go that way how about a suggestive top or handcuffs?

ReputationRep:
    I feel the need to share my 'Secret Santa' story. Twas Christmas (funny that :rolleyes:) and I drew a boy that I barely knew. So I bought him a vibrating, growling, tiger-skin-print posing pouch (had to be seen to be believed.) Anyway, I decided to but such an item but there was little opportunity in my small, conservative, Scottish hometown so when in Cambridge, when down for my interview, when I passed the Ann Summers, I popped in and bought such an item. I quickly popped it into my bag and headed off with some new chums to a rather posh museum. In the museum, all was silent, then suddenly someone bumps into me and my bag starts growling.

"Grrrrrrrawhgh!!!!!"

An attendant swooped on me and started telling me to turn off my mobile phone and I had to explain what was making the noise. :P Ooops.

Anyway, he seemed amused. Why not go for it!?

ReputationRep:
    The nicest present I ever got was a little plastic pony.

ReputationRep:
    JUST AN UPDATE to this thread. Well I'm back and was unable to get hold of a vibrator, so needed to improvise. So instead I'm going to send her the tour mascot teddy that we won in Berlin last year (as a joke) and I've also bought her some white silk lingerie (the top and robey thing that goes with it).

GIRLS - Have I done OK?

Mr J

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.