when to apply for us uni Watch

east
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Im not sure when i would would apply to start my cousr in usa uni
I will be finishing college in 2010, and i would like to stat university that same year so when when i apply
thank you
Cherryy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Uni's application deadlines are usually on their websites
I think for the fall term its March..but not sure
r0x0r
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're applying for the fall, applications are usually due early that same year (Jan - Mar). It varies by school, though - some are on rolling admissions.
east
Rep:
?
so then how would that works as here in the uk we get our a level results quite later compared to the us, would that effect my applications as i heard thet most us unis start around agust
Agneisse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by east)
so then how would that works as here in the uk we get our a level results quite later compared to the us, would that effect my applications as i heard thet most us unis start around agust
They honestly do not care what you get in your final examinations as long as you don't drop from AAA predicted to CCD actual grades. US students are accepted before the final semester grades are out, and many many people slack off at that point, and still get to keep their place. Just do well in ASes and get good predictions

(Original post by east)
Im not sure when i would would apply to start my cousr in usa uni
I will be finishing college in 2010, and i would like to stat university that same year so when when i apply
thank you
Depending on where you're looking at, for Fall 2010 start applications are often due Jan 1 2010 (regular decision) or Dec 1 2009 (ED/EA), some unis are later and others are on rolling admissions (they review your app as the applications go in). You have to do SAT Reasoning, SAT Subjects, write essays and get teacher recs etc. before that.
east
Rep:
?
(Original post by Agneisse)

Depending on where you're looking at, for Fall 2010 start applications are often due Jan 1 2010 (regular decision) or Dec 1 2009 (ED/EA), some unis are later and others are on rolling admissions (they review your app as the applications go in). You have to do SAT Reasoning, SAT Subjects, write essays and get teacher recs etc. before that.
regarding to me having to do the sats test before that would it be to early to be doing the test around middle of 2009 and also around wat month is 'fall'
Cherryy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
fall is usally september
Agneisse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by east)
regarding to me having to do the sats test before that would it be to early to be doing the test around middle of 2009 and also around wat month is 'fall'
'Fall' as in university start dates is usually Aug/September.

And no, mid-2009 is not early at all :yep: Though if you have AS/A2 examinations then it would be better to focus on those and then take the SAT in October or November. I did my SATs in May/June this year (though I only had one IB exam) and I'm hopefully headed to uni in 2009.
east
Rep:
?
would you sat that the SAT test are hard and are there alot revison involved like innormal exams
and also what would be the minimum garde to get on the SATS just to get into any good universitys in the us especially as i want to go to law school
Agneisse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by east)
would you sat that the SAT test are hard and are there alot revison involved like innormal exams
and also what would be the minimum garde to get on the SATS just to get into any good universitys in the us especially as i want to go to law school
Depends on the person - some grasp the SAT almost intuitively, others need quite a bit of practice to get better. I'd say try a mock test (there's one on the CB website), see how you do, and take it from there.

Depends on your definition of 'good' and there's no standard minimum, but obviously the higher the score the better. You can look at your results and make some selections/deselections loosely based on that, if you please.

Law school is a postgrad qualification here and they don't care much about SATs. More important is the LSAT (Law School Admission Test), your undergrad marks and undergrad extracurriculars/internships.
Simms
Report 10 years ago
+1 to Agneisse's comments.

Typically, people try to hit 700 or better in each section to get into the average range for many top schools. Keep in mind though that there is no score that will be sure to get you into a certain school; do your best and you will be fine.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads