The Student Room Group

Access to HE nursing

Hi, everyone. I want to apply for access to HE nursing course but i don’t know if it is difficult. Can i have some advice please?Thanks.
Hi @Daisy7189

Before starting uni, I did an access to HE in healthcare. The most difficulty I had was with the biology module that we studied. I think a large part of this was due to the 15 year break in between study that it took a little while to get back into the learning mindset.

The other topics we studied psychology, ethics, careers in healthcare etc were introductions so required a bit of extra reading to understand but the reading list was suggested to us.

The best advice I could give would be to look at what modules you would be studying and have a look at some of the a level material online, to get an understanding of the work you will be studying.

Some elements I found difficult, but I was able to get support for the tutor as well as the cohort which helped, which helped me get through!!

Wishing you all the best

Luke - Portsmouth Student Rep
Reply 2
Hi, Luke. Thanks very much for your advice. I didn’t go to school in the UK and i finished high school in my country about 16 years ago. English is not my first language either so i think it will be more difficult for me. At the moment i am doing access to HE business and management with learn direct. I am on Unit 4,i find it is hard but i still can manage with that. But i have changed my mind about career path. I think i like to do nursing. But i don’t know if it will be hard for because of language.
Hi,
I’m currently doing an access to healthcare course at a local college. It’s a lot of work but it’s enjoyable. There are two students who have don’t have English as their first language in my cohort and they are doing well!
Reply 4
Ah, i’m glad to hear that. Hope i will be ok with this course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending