Turn on thread page Beta

Please rate my diet watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm trying to slim down a bit. I'm 5'6 and approx 63 kilos (9st 10). For reasons that I ought to not go into, my exercise is really minimal (ie once or twice a week). I know exercise is key in losing weight and Ihope to incorporate it into my lifestyle in the very near future but for the time being I can only concentrate on my food intake.

Today, I ate:

- a slice of brown toast with an absolutely tiny bit of margerine
    - a cup of coffee (instant coffee, little bit of semi-skimmed milk and a bit of sweetner)

- a "healthy" sandwich (turkey and cranberry) - according to the label, 330 calories
    - a skinny coffee ice drink (according to the website, around 150 calories)

- a grilled peice of chicken breast, a small bit of Hellman's Extra Light mayo
    - grilled mushrooms (very little oil - a couple of sprays of 2kcal oil spray)
    - a bowl of vegetable soup (made with no oil, literally just blended vegetables and water
    - a peice of Lindt chocolate

I tend to drink a fair amount of water (~10 glasses a day?)

I don't really like calling it a "diet", it's more of a "healthy eating plan". I'm trying to find a balance that I can sustain for a while but still enjoy myself (as you can see by the chocolate and ice coffee drink ).

I would estimate this at around 1,200 kcal. I'm not calorie counting but it's just an approximate guess.

What do people think?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    are you a girl? either way, you're another one... a touch low on protein maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    are you a girl? either way, you're another one... a touch low on protein maybe.
    Yes I am a girl

What do you suggest I should eat for protein?

ReputationRep:
    hi!!! put peanut butter on you toast and have red lentils for soup witht the vegetables/

ReputationRep:
    Good, lean sources of protein include: chicken (which you had, and breast is the best part too to have), turkey, eggs, tuna, soya, nuts

ReputationRep:
    Hold on... you're taller than me and weigh less Eat more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyboy21)
    Good, lean sources of protein include: chicken (which you had, and breast is the best part too to have), turkey, eggs, tuna, soya, nuts
    Chicken, turkey and eggs are key in my diet. Usually I have one of them for dinner along with some mushrooms or sweetcorn and lots of vegetables. And some extra light cream cheese

ReputationRep:
    That's excellent. For dinner you want to be trying to have just protein + vegetables, which is what you're having from what you said. Also, try to eat 5-6 times a day including snacks rather than 3 meals, this is vital to keep your metabolism active constantly and burning fat.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and also I don't know how you like your eggs but if you don't mind having them hard boiled then chuck away the yolk which has all the bad stuff (fat and cholesterol) and just eat the egg white which contains literally just protein and a bit of sodium.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and also I don't know how you like your eggs but if you don't mind having them hard boiled then chuck away the yolk which has all the bad stuff (fat and cholesterol) and just eat the egg white which contains literally just protein and a bit of sodium.
    There's nothing really wrong with egg yolks.

ReputationRep:
    That's excellent. For dinner you want to be trying to have just protein + vegetables, which is what you're having from what you said. Also, try to eat 5-6 times a day including snacks rather than 3 meals, this is vital to keep your metabolism active constantly and burning fat.

I do snack during the day, but I try and stick to healthy snacks. I like to have a big bowl of low-fat plain yoghurt when I come home from school!

I don't eat the yolks . I usually have egg-white omelettes. Usually with a bit of cream cheese, sometimes with a slice of ham or something inside. If I'm feeling unhealthy, I'll have one teaspoon of hollandaise sauce on it (I know it's high in fat etc but one tsp is about 60 kcal which isn't too bad for what it tastes like )

(Original post by Grappling)
    There's nothing really wrong with egg yolks.
    I know, but they're quite high in fat and calories, and I'm trying to cut down on both of these.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe include some more fruit in your diet? Or some salad with say your sandwich at lunch?

Just an idea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.