Turn on thread page Beta

Arty girl meets boy genius... can it work? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just started art college and its great, I love it! I met this really nice guy on a night out and we've started seeing each other a lot. I really like him but my mates cant understand why we're together cos we're so different. I know you shouldn't care what other people think but its making me worry now He does computer science and hes really smart but Im kind of airy fairy and dont know anything about computers. Im scared hes going to get bored of me
    Is anyone else in this sort of 'chalk-and-cheese' situation? Can it work out in the long run? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you're happy together then it doesn't matter whether your friends think it can work out. Take it as it comes (as the bishop said to the barmaid) and see what happens.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If you like each other, go for it, you'll never know until you do

ReputationRep:
    'opposites attract'

ReputationRep:
    Do you watch the Big Bang Theory by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    You'll facepaint him, he'll hit you over the head with a book. Work out the maths.

ReputationRep:
    Haha Ive never seen that. Should I watch it as a life lesson maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. Time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueberrysue)
    No, please don't.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I just started art college and its great, I love it! I met this really nice guy on a night out and we've started seeing each other a lot. I really like him but my mates cant understand why we're together cos we're so different. I know you shouldn't care what other people think but its making me worry now He does computer science and hes really smart but Im kind of airy fairy and dont know anything about computers. Im scared hes going to get bored of me
    Is anyone else in this sort of 'chalk-and-cheese' situation? Can it work out in the long run? Thanks
    Wait, wait, you're scared that he will get bored of you? :confused:
    And in answer to your final question, the only way you'll know is to try.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    They say opposites attract. It's good that you're different; nobody wants to be dating a clone of themselves, 'cos that's just odd.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is rediculously thick but we get on just fine.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore others.
    Ironically, despite being a computer science student myself, most of the girls I have fallen for have been into artsy subjects too (english, drama, music etc).

ReputationRep:
    Definitely worth watching for sciency-people, but I'm not sure how funny arty people find the jokes.

ReputationRep:
    i always go for arty/languagey chicks. im a science geek really (not a boy genius though) and dont fancy going out with a girl that will question my science

she needs to just nod at what i say and be creative. they are generally alot more fun

ReputationRep:
    I'm a malteaser dating a geek... and it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    My girlfriend is rediculously thick but we get on just fine.
    Loving the corelation of a "thick" girlfriend to this situation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufu)
    Do you watch the Big Bang Theory by any chance?
    No, I prefer to digest my 'comedy' and stereotypes separately.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you should totally write a book on this.

ReputationRep:
    Big bang theory is just **** to be honest.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.