Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok basically, a guy messaged me a couple of weeks introducing himself on facebook ,he comes from my town, we have some mutual friends, and we're at uni in the same town...we've messaged each other a couple of times, but because Ive vowed not to get involved with anyone this year, I've not been that enthusiastic with him..we've not met in person.

However, he has now messaged me asking me to go watch films with him round his sometime this week, for some company and get to know me. The thoguht of this terrifies me, but I feel like a social failure if I say no! What do Ido?! He seems like a nice enough guy, but I'm obviously a bit dubius about meeting him...any advice???
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    go to the cinema with him and a friend if you want to meet him, which you do

ReputationRep:
    Chat on the phone first

Just meet in a very public uni place like the SU

At least he is a friend of friends just look at it an an adventure :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.