The Student Room Group

Gcse 2023 revision thread

Hi guys, I have made this thread to motivate each other ^^
Please share ur favourite revision tips and any helpful resources, websites, youtube etc that will help us ace our GCSEs.
Some Ice Breaker questions ^^ (Optional)
Subjects you're taking?
Exam board?
What areas are you struggling with? (I am struggling with revision)
Good luck y'all
I have done my GCSEs and I am now studying for my A-levels but I do have advice I can offer. One thing I really wish I had done was made proper revision materials well in advance as it saves time when doing the most important revision in the couple of months leading up to exams. Another thing is to not sacrifice self care (sleep, food and water) for extra revision, the revision won't be as productive and you can't learn as well when you're tired.
Original post by hellen__smith1jj
Please share ur favourite revision tips and any helpful resources, websites, youtube etc that will help us ace our GCSEs.
Subjects you're taking?
Exam board?
Good luck y'all

my favorite revision tips are probably blurting so you can see the areas of topic that you need to focus on
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I have done my GCSEs and I am now studying for my A-levels but I do have advice I can offer. One thing I really wish I had done was made proper revision materials well in advance as it saves time when doing the most important revision in the couple of months leading up to exams. Another thing is to not sacrifice self care (sleep, food and water) for extra revision, the revision won't be as productive and you can't learn as well when you're tired.

Rly helpful xx Many thanks. Have you struggled with a particular subject? Currently I am really struggling with maths :confused:
Rly helpful xx Many thanks. Have you struggled with a particular subject? Currently I am really struggling with maths :confused:

I really struggled with English (both lit and lang) but I think the best thing is to practise the questions you know what you may be asked in the exams
Subjects you're taking?
Exam board?
Good luck y'all

Board AQA, Edexcel.

I am struggling with Science and following this thread to get tips on how to revise appropriately for science:biggrin: I think every comment I've written on TSR was about me struggling with Chemistry.
Original post by OllyWilson
Board AQA, Edexcel.

I am struggling with Science and following this thread to get tips on how to revise appropriately for science:biggrin: I think every comment I've written on TSR was about me struggling with Chemistry.

Heya!
What specifically do you struggle with in science? Is it the understanding of the material or answering questions and getting full marks? What is your current revision method? Do you make notes and create flashcards? I found it helpful creating spider diagrams for chem :smile: If you need some help with it then do check out free science resources at Study Mind (past papers and revision notes) all done by topic to help you with understanding the material better :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by OllyWilson
Board AQA, Edexcel.

The most helpful thing for me revising for Edexcel separate science was the CGP revision guide it really helped understand the concepts properly if the notes I had made weren't very good
I am also struggling with revision as I don't know how to start it and how to make it productive. I am wondering if anyone wants to join a revision group kind. It will be helpful.
I would be really happy to join!!! I am using the Pomodoro method but I feel I am not productive. I always struggle with the starting of revision as there are so many things to do... In the end, I just end up scrolling through my phone...
Hi i have mocks in January too. I am nor fond of making notes so i am doing papers and whatever is struggle with, i make notes on that particular part of the topic. I have got grade 8 in pre mock for maths and have been predicted 8 and 7s in other subjects. What is the best way to revise mocks in January. If i start making all the notes than i will not have enough time to remember the information. please help
Original post by greenpark
Hi i have mocks in January too. I am nor fond of making notes so i am doing papers and whatever is struggle with, i make notes on that particular part of the topic. I have got grade 8 in pre mock for maths and have been predicted 8 and 7s in other subjects. What is the best way to revise mocks in January. If i start making all the notes than i will not have enough time to remember the information. please help

Hi, I have already done GCSEs but really wanted to reply to you as I was in the same situation. Notes were helpful for me as long as I used to use them in the right way. I would suggest that other revision methods could be better such as flashcards and mind maps. I attended gcse strategies crash course held by a tutor from Oxbridge and the advice they have given to me was very valuable and that changed my mindset for GCSEs. The most important thing is productivity you could study for 1-2 hours and be focused. So my best tip is to use the break and do stuff every day it will help you a lot in the end. Try to make mind maps and use them. I would really advise you to master the exam techniques so as the content! Good luck and If u have a question happy to help you
Original post by flowersinmyhair

what grades did u get in the end?
Original post by propergoodman
what grades did u get in the end?

8s in Physics and German, 7s in Biology, Geography, Maths, Music and Religious Studies, 6s in English Lit, Lang and Chemistry and a 5 in Further Maths. I know I could have probably done better if I had actually put consistent effort into my revision in the run up to my GCSEs, as I was expected to get higher in a lot of my subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest