How yellow is wee supposed to be? Watch

vidachick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've got another thread going about having a bug , but I've got another question. How yellow is wee supposed to be? I haven't been drinking properly over the last couple of days due to my illness, and whenever I go my wee is really dark golden and thick, and stings. I know this is not normal, but what's it a sign of?
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Urine is supposed to be practically clear.

If you have a bug or are ill, you need to drink as much fluids as you can. It will keep you hydrated - as when you're ill, your temperature increases and you perspire more. You really need to flush out your system. Water, water water.
AmyK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
UTI maybe.

Try drinking more and see if it changes but if its stinging you should really see a doctor
AmyK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Clear but pale straw in colour
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't drink much so my 'normal' wee isn't a good comparison to use.
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
It's meant to be pretty much clear.

You may have a bladder infection. I have one atm. =[
Drink more, see if it gets better. If not, go down to the dr's and get some antibiotics.=)
x
ILILILILIL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're dehydrated it'll be dark yellow.

Like when you wake up and have a morning pee it's dark yellow, but after a few glasses of water and the next pee will be almost clear.
ClaireHogben
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
drink more water, and if there's no change see your doctor
AmyK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can I just make the point that clear is not the same as colourless. All urine should be clear (see through it) if its ever cloudy or bloody you need to see a doctor.
As for colour it obviously ranges depending on how much you drink. Dark yellow means that the urine is concentrated and you need to drink more. Pale staw(yellowy/brown) colour is said to be to ideal colour (for fluid balance).

But as you said it stings, you must get it checked out
ooze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maaan I had a UTI years ago. Most pain I have ever been in!
blondy04
Report 10 years ago
if its a bladder infection apparently cranberry jucie helps get rid of it ... just drink lots!!!!
PinPin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sounds like an infection... i had one years ago and my nan kept making me drink barley water :/ its nasty but it helps apparently! you should get some antibiotics for it though.
Redemption
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The whole "Urine needs to be the same colour as water for you to be healthy" stuff is a pack of crap.

If you're say, taking excess vitamin B for athletic purposes, your urine will be naturally more yellow.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol this reminds me of last night. I had a dream I was pissing, and when I woke up I was like 'oh god no' praying that I hadn't wet the bed.

Luckily I hadn't. I've only done it once in my life, which was when I was at Beaver's camp as a kid. :p: Not a nice experience heh. I remember trying to wipe my sleeping bag on my friends bag, so I could blame it on him.
watermelon sugar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
erg, drink more. if you're just not drinking a lot then you're probably dehydrated. drink more and it should be okay, buttt it could be a water infection like other people are saying, in which case go to a doctor.

my wee is sooo pale, it really is basically clear like water because i drink a loooooot
Perfect_Gent
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cranberry juice is a great first line of treatment if it is a UTI and shouldn't hurt if it's not, you need to make sure about any meds you may be taking as it can interfere with the way they work. It could just be as simple as dehydration though. So either way drink plenty of clear fluids and if the symptoms persist then have a chat with your GP.
blondy04
Report 10 years ago
drinking too much water can also be bad for you!... headaches are another sign of dehydration if you wondering if it is that but dont just drink a mass of liquid all in one go as itwill just go straight through you you need to drink large amount gradually
crumblencustard
Report 10 years ago
Loadsa water
Cranberry juice
Mrs.X
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
Lol this reminds me of last night. I had a dream I was pissing, and when I woke up I was like 'oh god no' praying that I hadn't wet the bed.

Luckily I hadn't. I've only done it once in my life, which was when I was at Beaver's camp as a kid. :p: Not a nice experience heh. I remember trying to wipe my sleeping bag on my friends bag, so I could blame it on him.
Ergh lol that's revolting, bad friend!

And thick wee?

Clearly the solution is to drink more water
Sarahl89
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)

If you have a bug or are ill, you need to drink as much fluids as you can. It will keep you hydrated - as when you're ill, your temperature increases and you perspire more. You really need to flush out your system. Water, water water.
d'you mean clear or colourless?

it should be clear & straw coloured, but if you're dehydrated OP then it'd be normal for it to be darker, means you should drink more though.

Really shouldn't be thick or sting though.. doctor maybe?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (192)
18.68%
No (623)
60.6%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.72%

Watched Threads