I’m just one of those people you want to punch Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thats how I was described today by a ‘friend’. They all feel the same, not only ‘friends’ but 99% of people I meet. I have this skill of irritating people beyond belief. I don’t know what I do. I can never make true friends. I’m 18 and have never been out socially before. Ever.

What the hell is wrong. Why?!?!?!
fleur de lis
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
Do you know how you irritate these people? Is it things you say, the way you act? How do you act around your friends?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You need to look at yourself and try and think how you would feel if another person was saying the things you say to you. I used to be a wretched little ***** until I actively chose to stop.
silverwolfalpha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thats how I was described today by a ‘friend’. They all feel the same, not only ‘friends’ but 99% of people I meet. I have this skill of irritating people beyond belief. I don’t know what I do. I can never make true friends. I’m 18 and have never been out socially before. Ever.

What the hell is wrong. Why?!?!?!
apparently i am like that. I have a nack for being selfish and inconsiderate. I have extreme views(not racist, just weird) and i am sexist(apparently) and i appear to be boss and a know it all.

I have a few friends, but they stick to me with life

right now i hate uni because i can't make friends, and i am changing uni.
Magnum Opus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do you behave around your friends? Like, what things do you say?
Magnum Opus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by silverwolfalpha)
apparently i am like that. I have a nack for being selfish and inconsiderate. I have extreme views(not racist, just weird) and i am sexist(apparently) and i appear to be boss and a know it all.

I have a few friends, but they stick to me with life

right now i hate uni because i can't make friends, and i am changing uni.
You're not changing uni because you can't make friends? The reasons you give for not making friends are on your behalf, so changing uni solves nothing. Just try and make a harder effort
surreal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Think before you speak, if that fails just talk a lot less.
mikniuke
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heyyy, i had a classmate like that!! It seemed that he didn't mind it tho I mean, he has true friends, but he just always plays stupid, so ppl often don't get him ;p
Cobalt_Shift
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 3105)
You need to look at yourself and try and think how you would feel if another person was saying the things you say to you.
Agreed. If you think before you speak about if you think something's going to go down well, and stop yourself from saying it if you decide it isn't, you're most of the way there. And there's nothing wrong with having extreme views, but do you make a big point of them when first meeting people?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Woah, It scary seeing this come from somebody else. I have irritated so many people beyond belief in my lifetime. I'm only 18, have only a small selection of pals (which are now off at Uni) and even they have told me how annoying, irritating, and "punch-worthy" I am sometimes. I always ask why and they some people can't put their finger on it: "Its just something about you" they say. I really don't know what it is. I have now entered a period of silence around new people as I am now to afraid of offending them and making an ass of myself.
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do you know I want to punch you or not? If you are irratating, isolate the reason by changing parts of yourself daily and seeing what it is. I am not advocating altering your personality or being fake for things that are neutral (i.e. not good or bad traits), merely that it will help you understand yourself better. If it is a negative aspect, like for example you ***** about other people a lot, stop. If it is, say, you have a whiney voice, inject yourself with pure testosterone and bull semen. That, or talk slowly and clearly. Isolate it, then decide what to do. Asking TSR people anonymously is not going to help you one iota.
InvoluntarySlacker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm in the same boat as you. And I mean everyone even though I tried hard sometimes.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads