The Student Room Group

Msc OT at University of Essex or BSc(Hons) Occupational Therapy at UWE Bristol

Hi all, this is Leonard from Hong Kong. I have received the following offers: Msc OT at University of Essex and BSc(Hons) and Occupational Therapy at UWE Bristol.

I am not sure which one should I choose.
I like the vibe of UWE and Bristol, but it's a bachelor degree.
Essex's is a master degree but Colchester is not as exciting as Bristol.

I am considering whether the benefits of getting a master degree outweighs the attractiveness of Bristol.

Please let me know are there any factors that I have missed considering both of the courses,universities and cities/towns.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by lemonfung
Hi all, this is Leonard from Hong Kong. I have received the following offers: Msc OT at University of Essex and BSc(Hons) and Occupational Therapy at UWE Bristol.

I am not sure which one should I choose.
I like the vibe of UWE and Bristol, but it's a bachelor degree.
Essex's is a master degree but Colchester is not as exciting as Bristol.

I am considering whether the benefits of getting a master degree outweighs the attractiveness of Bristol.

Please let me know are there any factors that I have missed considering both of the courses,universities and cities/towns.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you're studying occupational therapy, you're going to end up as an occupational therapist. you can do that without a masters - the masters is unnecessary and won't help you in your career, doing a bachelor degree would put you in exactly the same place. it's a waste of time i think!
if you look at the university league tables, like this one https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/counselling-psychotherapy-and-occupational-therapy , you can see that bristol UWE ranks 25th in the uk for occupational therapy and essex is 44th. plus, bristol is a better location than essex. in my opinion, definitely go with bristol UWE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending