Uni Entry? Watch

samera
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hi im soo confused, i want to study social work at uni hopefully next year but the thing is that i will have 2 full A-Levels and 1 AS Level, do you reckon i would get accepted. also the entry requirement is maths at a C and i am actually resitting that but my on my ucas form it will appear as resit so would any uni accept me, im hoping to get into leeds metropolitan, i really want to go there or leeds university

please help ppl im confused
Sarahl89
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Standard answer: Contact the unis you wanna go to and ask them whether its worth applying with those predictions.
Simpsonsmania
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Here's the link for Leeds Metro:

http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsr...?n=913467#CSRA

As long as you get 200 points, why not? 180 MUST be your minimum target m8.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pick up another AS level - some places accept 2 AS levels in place of 1 A2.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sarahl89)
Standard answer: Contact the unis you wanna go to and ask them whether its worth applying with those predictions.
ditto.
Plus try to get some work experience in the field if possible
samera
thanks alot for the info guys but im sure i will get 200 ucas points, i hope they accept me through the points, and as for work experience (as mentioned on the website) i have personal experience but i only started voluntary work experience in the summer holidays, oh im soo stuck i dont think they will accept me. what should i do guys
samera
(Original post by inksplodge)
Pick up another AS level - some places accept 2 AS levels in place of 1 A2.
i would have done that but i seriously do not want to stay in sixth form another year, they do not have a wide variety of courses that i have interest in. but i definately want to do social work
Simpsonsmania
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
tbh, a uni that asks for only 2 A-levels OR even 1 A-level isnt the most difficult to get into. Stay calm, and just ensure you get the 200 points. Work experience in the field is not as important as the grades.

UCAS are NOT allowed to discriminate. Where does a guy who applies for Medicine or Law expect to gain experience from?

Good luck anyways
samera
(Original post by Simpsonsmania)
tbh, a uni that asks for only 2 A-levels OR even 1 A-level isnt the most difficult to get into. Stay calm, and just ensure you get the 200 points. Work experience in the field is not as important as the grades.

UCAS are NOT allowed to discriminate. Where does a guy who applies for Medicine or Law expect to gain experience from?

Good luck anyways
thank you so much for putting me at rest, this may sound stupid but are you reffering to leeds metropolitan university wen you sed that

(a uni that asks for only 2 A-levels OR even 1 A-level isnt the most difficult to get into)

because if that is the case then i cant tell you how releived i am to hear that:yes:
Simpsonsmania
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by samera)
thank you so much for putting me at rest, this may sound stupid but are you reffering to leeds metropolitan university wen you sed that

(a uni that asks for only 2 A-levels OR even 1 A-level isnt the most difficult to get into)

because if that is the case then i cant tell you how releived i am to hear that:yes:
Well yes. My local uni (London Metropolitan, of which I am NOT a student) is very low in standards, and it usually accepts 2 A-Levels.

You should navigate thru the UCAS website and get a better understanding of the uni, cos it seems you are not fully sure you know what you are doing.

But I may be wrong.
samera
i have done a lot of research and the thing that confused me was that all entry requirements are always 3 A levels nothing else, thanks alot though simpsonsmania you helped me out
Simpsonsmania
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With all due respect, why are you aiming so low? Aren't your A-level grades gonna be good?
samera
i answered you in pm
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads