The Student Room Group

German gcse

I received a grade 9 for gcse German and an A for German alevel

I can currently studying German at Warwick hnisveristy abd am looking for potential students to help.
This includes grammar, writing and oral classes!
Pm me if interested :smile:
Quarely
Hi how can I improve my german I obviously want to get a nine but right now I'm sort of on a seven. Please help what can I do for reading, writing, listening and speaking..
Many thanks :smile:
Original post by ice-cream101
Hi how can I improve my german I obviously want to get a nine but right now I'm sort of on a seven. Please help what can I do for reading, writing, listening and speaking..
Many thanks :smile:

Hi there,
a 7 is a really good grade to begin with so the jump between a 7 to a 9 will not be as difficult compared to starting from a lower grade
I was told not to take the Gcse in year 9 but worked my way until I achieved a 9 in my real GCSES
I did this by memorising the vocab - you can find this in kerboodle categorised in the specific sections and my teacher gave us a vocab sheet where AQA mentioned they were using most of their vocab for the gcse examination from there - it is roughly a 1000 words so it's good to find that worksheet from the AQA website or ask your teacher and start making quizlets for the given words
Kerboodle also has a listening icon for you to click on and hear how the words are pronounced - the vocab and listening to the pronunciation will aid you in reading and listening
Listening - listen to german pop music e.g. 99 luftbaloons, 'Major Tom', and all songs by Falco a Major 80's legend
Writing - your teacher should have sent you some writing prompts e.g. for houses - Im Erdgeschoss gibt es..(Make sure you complete all the writing tasks your teacher sets and start to memorise them)
It is significant that you know your tenses the major being past, present and future but also imperfect tense as the exam boards are sneaky and always sneak in a cheaky poem with the imperfect tense e.g. instead of sehen for see it is sah - This happened in my exam and everyone was thrown off so make sure you know the imperfect form of the verbs - you can do this by finding the verb tables in your textbook. Also learn reflexive verbs and endings e.g sich kummern uber, sich scheiden lassen
To improve spag - the kerboodle textbook has exercises for you to complete but there is a website called Nanythuleengrammar or something that could be of some use and youtube is a good place
Speaking - Your teacher should have given you a set of questions to complete - start to memorise these and practice your pronunciation by asking your teacher for help in pronouncing it - also if you have Instagram there are some german pronunciation accounts that I used which were quite good

I hope this info finds you well,
Good luck in your studies!

Quick Reply

Latest