The Student Room Group

Payments schedule &awaiting confirmation student finance

Hy! My application was approved last week on Monday,i receive my letter entitlement from sfe ,i have the payments scheduled but says awaiting confirmation. Student finance says it needs confirmation for registration from uni,after sfe received the confirmation from uni,told me it needs to see my offer letter,doesnt make sense if already student finance have had everything confirmed from university itself and im attending the course already since october.Now i’ve sent the email with my offer letter from university to student finance as they asked for. Can you please tell me how long it will take this ? Has anybody encontered this nonsense situation? Hopefuly my payments will be release before Christmas and another weird thing is that after approval on my online account its said “register on ur course-Complete” ,after 2days didnt appear anymore and when i called i was told that COR & COA were confirmed but need to send them the offer letter and after that will check my ongoing course attendance and national insurance number and after that my payment will be ready to reach my bank account. First told me after aproval” we need nothing more from u just the COR &COA from ur uni thats it” and we release the payment,after 1 week i called &told me i need to send a email with my offer letter…..🙈🙈🙈even if they have received COR&COA from uni…
Original post by Minnie123456789&
Hy! My application was approved last week on Monday,i receive my letter entitlement from sfe ,i have the payments scheduled but says awaiting confirmation. Student finance says it needs confirmation for registration from uni,after sfe received the confirmation from uni,told me it needs to see my offer letter,doesnt make sense if already student finance have had everything confirmed from university itself and im attending the course already since october.Now i’ve sent the email with my offer letter from university to student finance as they asked for. Can you please tell me how long it will take this ? Has anybody encontered this nonsense situation? Hopefuly my payments will be release before Christmas and another weird thing is that after approval on my online account its said “register on ur course-Complete” ,after 2days didnt appear anymore and when i called i was told that COR & COA were confirmed but need to send them the offer letter and after that will check my ongoing course attendance and national insurance number and after that my payment will be ready to reach my bank account. First told me after aproval” we need nothing more from u just the COR &COA from ur uni thats it” and we release the payment,after 1 week i called &told me i need to send a email with my offer letter…..🙈🙈🙈even if they have received COR&COA from uni…

Hi there,

Once your application has been approved and your National Insurance number verified (NINO check only happens in the first year of the course) we'll just need the university to send confirmation of registration and attendance to release the payments.

COR releases maintenance loan and COA releases tuition fee to the university.

The university will send both COR and COA electronically through a shared database we have with them. Once they send this our systems will update in up to 2 working days, and the payment should then be submitted within 3-5 working days.

Hope this helps,
Tina
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,

Once your application has been approved and your National Insurance number verified (NINO check only happens in the first year of the course) we'll just need the university to send confirmation of registration and attendance to release the payments.

COR releases maintenance loan and COA releases tuition fee to the university.

The university will send both COR and COA electronically through a shared database we have with them. Once they send this our systems will update in up to 2 working days, and the payment should then be submitted within 3-5 working days.

Hope this helps,
Tina

Thank you for your answer,sfe already have the COR and COA as well,i spoke today with someone from sfe and confirmed that they have it already and my offer letter was reviewed ,everything its fine,hopefully tomorrow will send my nino for validation to dwp,if the validation of nino return next Wednesday and already have CoR and COA from university , is there any chance to get my first instalment on 23 dec? Thank you
Thank you for your answer,sfe already have the COR and COA as well,i spoke today with someone from sfe and confirmed that they have it already and my offer letter was reviewed ,everything its fine,hopefully tomorrow will send my nino for validation to dwp,if the validation of nino return next Wednesday and already have CoR and COA from university , is there any chance to get my first instalment on 23 dec? Thank you

Hi,

Once your NINO has been returned as valid by the DWP your payment will be submitted. This is usually received within 3-5 working days, depending on the bank. You'll see your new payment date populate on your payment schedule once this has been submitted for you.

Thanks,
Tina
Thank you very much for your answer,Tina. My national insurance number been sent to dwp this morning. I’ve been told to check next Wednesday,maximum Thursday will update and then i will receive my first instalment as you said 3-5 working days. Thank you,have a good day.
Thank you very much for your answer,Tina. My national insurance number been sent to dwp this morning. I’ve been told to check next Wednesday,maximum Thursday will update and then i will receive my first instalment as you said 3-5 working days. Thank you,have a good day.

No problem at all. :smile:

Take care.

Quick Reply

Latest