The Student Room Group

igcse history

guys is igcse history hard? im in y9 and dont know whether to take igcse history or not.
Original post by mon99
guys is igcse history hard? im in y9 and dont know whether to take igcse history or not.

Hi! I took igcse history and I found it great - much easier than some of my other gcse's such as psych. However, it also depends on your exam board - I did Edexcel, so I can only offer true advice on my experience with them (: Overall though, if you're good with writing essays (not even long ones!) you'll be great.
My daughter did CIE IGCSE History, and yeah it was pretty intense but doable.
No matter which exam board you choose, you do have to be good at writing essays. It's a very essay based subject.
Reply 3
Original post by Chaeli-Jade
Hi! I took igcse history and I found it great - much easier than some of my other gcse's such as psych. However, it also depends on your exam board - I did Edexcel, so I can only offer true advice on my experience with them (: Overall though, if you're good with writing essays (not even long ones!) you'll be great.

tysmmm for the reply. im thinking to take igcse psychology as well, how’s the workload like?
Original post by mon99
tysmmm for the reply. im thinking to take igcse psychology as well, how’s the workload like?

I did gcse psych but they're not too different - psych has good exam questions in terms of you don't need to write as much as some of the other subjects - the drawback that gets most people is the amount of names you need to remember. Advice would def be make flashcards/some sort of revision tool for each study & it's researcher as you go along so it doesn't pile up at the end of the year!

Quick Reply

Latest