My boyfriend needs anger management Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have fallen out of love with him because I cannot take his mood swings and violent nature anymore. He swears all the time, for example if we are in the supermarket he will say ******* ***** getting in my way or stupid fat hoe or ugly ****..

It makes me so upset and I wish he would stop.

He picks fights for no reason and when we argue sends me messages calling me a hoe and a ****. Would anger management work or will he always stay the same?
Gemma_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Break up with him?
Anonymous #1
Yeh I pretty much have anyway. Was just wondering whether people out there have met similar people and know of ways to deal with them
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have fallen out of love with him because I cannot take his mood swings and violent nature anymore. He swears all the time, for example if we are in the supermarket he will say f u c k i n g ***** getting in my way or stupid fat hoe or ugly c u n t..

It makes me so upset and I wish he would stop.

He picks fights for no reason and when we argue sends me messages calling me a hoe and a ****. Would anger management work or will he always stay the same?
I thought you was speaking about me for a second because I used to do the same.

Stick in there. I did it because I had deeper issues that caused me to be on edge with other people. I got help for that.

Does he drink alot of alcohol by any chance?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Also, medical help WILL change him. It's the way his brain is programmed that causes him to be like this. With help you can get the old boyfriend back.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Kick in the nuts should do the trick
Anonymous #1
I thought you was speaking about me for a second because I used to do the same.

Stick in there. I did it because I had deeper issues that caused me to be on edge with other people. I got help for that.

Does he drink alot of alcohol by any chance?
Are you still like that? He ALWAYS has issues and he would never be open minded enough to get help. No he is not a drinker. He is just always on edge and rude and aggressive and wants to argue about anything knowing full well he is picking fights deliberately..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SillyFencer)
Trust me I feel like ripping his balls out most of the time.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dump him, he's not good.
Bugzy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe if you weren't so much of a ****** *****, he wouldn't need anger management!

I'm sorry - I couldn't resist :d
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
No I am not like it anymore. Funnily enough after I broke up with my ex and got help it all seemed to stop.

For me it was because I had anxiety, and in supermarkets it was bad, but I hid it from my girlfriend. So when I was frustrated I took it out on other people, and if someone looked at me funny I would cause a fight because I took things the wrong way. I was hiding alot of my inner feelings from my ex, so often other people felt it.

I also drank alot. If I had 1 can of alcohol I immediately felt as if I ruled the world. That plus my fustration caused by anxiety would cause massive problems in public around other people.

I know 100% he has deeper issues. People are not naturally like this.
Anonymous #1
No I am not like it anymore. Funnily enough after I broke up with my ex and got help it all seemed to stop.

For me it was because I had anxiety, and in supermarkets it was bad, but I hid it from my girlfriend. So when I was frustrated I took it out on other people, and if someone looked at me funny I would cause a fight because I took things the wrong way. I was hiding alot of my inner feelings from my ex, so often other people felt it.

I also drank alot. If I had 1 can of alcohol I immediately felt as if I ruled the world. That plus my fustration caused by anxiety would cause massive problems in public around other people.

I know 100% he has deeper issues. People are not naturally like this.
At least u hid it from ur girlfriend, my boyfriend takes it out on me tenfold
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Get out now seriously!!!!!!!!!!!
curlylocks88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you love him and want to stay with him then maybe you could tell him it's hurting you and making your life a misery the way he acts sometimes. If you have fallen out of love with him you should break up as he seems bad for you. You can't carry on being emotionally abused. Tell him you can't take the shouting, swearing and insults any more and then leave. You do deserve better.
Good luck x
Snork Maiden
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anger management probably would help him but only if he wanted to go. I know someone who was referred there, went through the motions, claimed to have changed etc.. and was just as angry as he used to be. People only change if they want to, and it sounds like your boyfriend doesn't. He may have problems but that's a reason not an excuse. You deserve to be treated with respect so I'd advise walking away.
Phalanx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your boyfriend (or ex boyfriend?) sounds like an archetypal douche.
PhilMc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SillyFencer)
This. Is. Good. Advice.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You 'fell out of love' with him? You make it sound like some sort of conscious choice.

Dear, you were never in love with him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise