I'm looking for a sixth form school/college Watch

Ellette
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi everybody I'm new here.
I'm looking for a sixth form school/college but everything is so complicated. I've just sit the entrance exam for Charterhouse School - my 1st choice last 2 weeks. Standard test, Maths and Use of English paper were pretty good but Chemistry was horrible because I'm an overseas student so just study Chemistry in my own language. Interview was ok with Dr. Alex and Mrs. Baylor (not sure). The result is coming on Monday, December 1st...Btw I think I will fail it because of that Chemistry paper...So I'm still looking for another school:

City of London Freemen's School - Ashtead Park
Brighton College (they require an IELTS 6.0)
Hurtwood House - Dorking
Albemarle College - London

May I have any suggestion? Thanks so much!
Ellette
Can anyone help me plz?
Guinny
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know a lot of school near Guildford, but I would recommend looking at league tables... (they're not the be all and end all, but still ^__^)
Ellette
Thanks. I used to look at lots of league tables but all of them are totally different! How can I believe that?
Guinny
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on what you want in a school to be honest... I chose to apply to about 4 or 5 non-fee paying schools that was closest to me with the highest Oxbridge entrant rate - ie. the lazy way out of the application trouble XD

They are not that different when you looking through it, there are always certain schools that's always up there (or around) the top, just go for those? It should become easier as you get used to seeing the school names :]
Ellette
I'm an overseas student so no non-fee paying schools for me It's better if I could find a boarding school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
26.77%
No (93)
73.23%

Watched Threads